Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo? kupo1121's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Kingdom Hearts - Street Fighter x Tekken

Default Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Is this coming to Europe? O_o I saw someone in the video said "Japan and Europe gets everything." I really hope this comes to a language I can understand because it looks so good. Brooke is in it, so I'm probably going to get this regardless.

Registered
    Aug 2009
    Final Fantasy DCLXVI

Loving everything so far however I am disappointed they skipped out on the entire Skypiea saga and from the looks of it maybe even Thriller Bark arc but then how are they gonna explain on how Brook came aboard. I'm also hoping the stateside release will have Japanese audio but English subtitles, Namco or whoever is gonna distribute it here should be aware that a big portion of the American fans enjoy subs more than dubs.

Registered
    Sep 2008

If Namco's making this, then odds are you can get subititles AND Japanese audio as another option from the FUNimation dub. It's been this way for every game of theirs, I believe. And they had seriously better not skip over Skypiea, that has one of my favorite villains in the whole series.

Head Mom In Charge XIII Heartless's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2006
    inFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Uncharted series, Smart As..., Dead Nation, FIFA '14

Is this coming to NA on the 1st, or just Japan? I'll probably make this a day one buy, but it'll end up like when I bought Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 this past summer; I'll have to shelve the game in order to get to a certain point in the story first -______-

I like how a new game came out when I got heavily into Naruto and One Piece though lol how convenient. ^__^

Registered
    Aug 2009
    Final Fantasy DCLXVI

Quote Originally Posted by XIII Heartless View Post
    Is this coming to NA on the 1st, or just Japan? I'll probably make this a day one buy, but it'll end up like when I bought Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 this past summer; I'll have to shelve the game in order to get to a certain point in the story first -______-

I like how a new game came out when I got heavily into Naruto and One Piece though lol how convenient. ^__^
    It's the Japanese release date. We don't know anything about the U.S (or anywhere else) release except that it's been trademarked here again.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
    Many, many games

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post

Yes yes yes a thousand times yes.
    I teared up when I say that small part of Ace being playable. ACE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hero's Hat View Post
    Oh god 3:40+ is amazing.

Well it's certainly reassuring to see that every character plays different. I just hope the gameplay is satisfying and doesn't wind up being a hack and slash. The boss battles are pretty interesting and faithful to the series.
    It looks to have a alot of combos but, it's Koei so, it's got that formula. Though I do love it and they did well with Fist of the North Star. This just looks so much better then game they've made. DEAR GOD YES!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    A Grand Journey

The basic enemy attacks seem to at least vary some, too I noticed a shot of canons being fired at Luffy, and he had to use Gum Gum Baloon to bounce them back. Hopefully that's not the extent of the game's variety, but at least it's more than what I'm used to from Koei.

Registered
    Dec 2010

Is there a new trailer out? I just found these gifs:

‚˜…BURNING SOUL‚˜…

EDIT:

Found it!

WTF, the game is out in Japan already?

EDIT EDIT:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/

There are more videos here
    Last edited by Hero; March 5, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2008

I know this is a dumb thing to praise this game for, but most anime games have really bland, uninteresting graphics that try and be faithful to design. For example, Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. There's literally like 2 colors for shading, never got a real feel for anything(except for that re-done cutscene with Jiraiya, which was godlike) and overall left a bad taste in my mouth.

However, this game did everything right with that. It left the art style intact while amping up the details enough to give it a fresh feel to it. I love that it did that though. I'll probably just watch some playthroughs of the game to see the whole story again, though.

Registered
    Oct 2009

This game really reminds me of One Piece Unlimited Adventure for the Wii with better graphics and a better story. Any relation between the two games besides the fact that they are One Piece?

Registered
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel View Post
    I know this is a dumb thing to praise this game for, but most anime games have really bland, uninteresting graphics that try and be faithful to design. For example, Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. There's literally like 2 colors for shading, never got a real feel for anything(except for that re-done cutscene with Jiraiya, which was godlike) and overall left a bad taste in my mouth.

However, this game did everything right with that. It left the art style intact while amping up the details enough to give it a fresh feel to it. I love that it did that though. I'll probably just watch some playthroughs of the game to see the whole story again, though.
    I know exactly what you meanz. The game has a similar "pastel" look and feel that the anime does while still taking advantage of what HD has to offer. The attention to minor details like the characters hair is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kupo1121 View Post
    This game really reminds me of One Piece Unlimited Adventure for the Wii with better graphics and a better story. Any relation between the two games besides the fact that they are One Piece?
    Nope. The developers are different. This is being handled by Omega Force, the guys behind the Dynasty Warriors series.

Registered
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by The Hero's Hat View Post
    Nope. The developers are different. This is being handled by Omega Force, the guys behind the Dynasty Warriors series.
    Good lol Don't get me wrong, Unlimited Adventure is fun, but it was too repetitive, had a mediocre story, and worst of all: it made you travel back to camp every time you needed to save -___-

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Working on the backlog

Quote Originally Posted by kupo1121 View Post
    Good lol Don't get me wrong, Unlimited Adventure is fun, but it was too repetitive, had a mediocre story, and worst of all: it made you travel back to camp every time you needed to save -___-
    As if Dynasty Warriors isn't repetitive.

Registered
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut6 View Post
    This one is actually supposed to have a change of pace every so often with platforming, puzzles, etc. Kotaku has been praising the game makers for their change of pace :)

Registered
    Jan 2006
    A Grand Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut6 View Post
    This isn't Dynasty Warriors.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast