Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

View Poll Results: Which do you want to see? (up to three votes)

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weavers

4 22.22%
  • Lux Aeterna - Boreas

3 16.67%
  • Halo [4]: The Greatest Journey

6 33.33%
  • Mind Over Matter

6 33.33%
  • Quantum Magic

4 22.22%
  • The Singularity

7 38.89%
  • Mythos

5 27.78%
  • Totem-Oriented Roleplay

3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered
    Sep 2007

Default Orion's Next Project (V2, Revote)

FOR THOSE COMING HERE FROM THE 2012 RP AWARDS, EXCLUDE WEAVERS, LUX AETERNA, HALO AND THE SINGULARITY FROM YOUR CONSIDERATION. WHILE THEY HAVE DEVELOPED FURTHER SINCE THEY WERE MADE, THEY 'BEGAN' IN 2011 AND THUS DO NOT COUNT FOR THESE AWARDS.

You decide! With a bunch of ideas going about in my head all of roughly equal importance to myself, I'm finding myself unable to prioritise one over the other and to really focus on one and make progress on it.

SO, without further ado - what I'm currently working on in some form or another. I currently feel they are all about as developed as they can be without having been prioritised over others, and since I intend to make them into roleplays, it's worth getting people's opinions on them.

Weavers
    The background and mechanics for this roleplay are all worked out, but a narrative and overall plot need to be established. Setting is similar to the early twentieth century, as technology is starting to move beyond machinery and into advanced circuitry, for one thing.

Lux Aeterna - Boreas
    A science-fantasy roleplay, inspired by Avatar. Roleplayers participate as the local altered human species of the subject planet, defending it against (or in some cases losing it to) invading forces of the human empire. As it says, the first planet this roleplay would be taking place on is the storm-ravaged Boreas, followed by others roughly in order of popularity.

Halo [4]: The Greatest Journey
    A reworking of the first two TGJ roleplays into the framework of a roleplay taking place during - and intermingling with - the events of the new Halo Reclaimer Trilogy. Rampant Forerunner machines, Precursors twisted beyond recognition and awesome augmented super-soldier action are to be expected.

Mind Over Matter

A roleplay all about self-determination. 'Gods' of old pass on their knowledge to a new generation, having grown tired of living a life empty of worship or recognition. This power grants people the ability to physically alter themselves in any way possible, allowing them to achieve beyond-natural and supernatural attributes and abilities. The catch is, the person must be absolutely convinced - to a level akin to religious extremism - of the attributes they give to themselves. To kill an immortal, you must first undermine their sense of immortality, through driving them insane, or hitting them with psychological attacks. This is but one example of what the roleplay entails - it's all about mind games, really.

The Singularity

Set in a future roughly in the same vein as Deus Ex: Human Revolution. All manner of emerging technologies are giving rise to new forms of being and intelligence that force people to question their very ideas of life, sentience, morality and more. Embedded in the corporate and military espionage such technological developments entail, the motley crew of protagonists - all the products of these differing technologies - ultimately become a symbol, a testament (both good and bad) to the capabilities of augmented, forged and cloned people in turning point in humanity's evolution.

Mythos

Roleplayers take on the mantle of mythological figures (though not gods themselves) in an amalgamated world of gods, monsters and heroes made real and powerful. As the barrier between the real and mythical begins to fade for unknown reasons, the roleplayers must discover the reason and ultimately decided the fate of both worlds - leave the normal realm totally seperated from all the things that could enrich and empowr it, or let the two merge together once more and risk the entire of humanity being enslaved or eradicated by those of the mythos.

Quantum Magic

An idea I had when I was trying to construct The People's Roleplay - one night, in the early twentieth century, all the people of Earth fall asleep. Waking up, they realise they can see clear over the horizon to other nations and continents. Even more, the horizon itself sloped upwards, showing the Earth to have now been transposed onto the inside of a sphere, with other 'planets' visible, flattened at other locations around the sphere and seperated by ocean. In tandem with this event - and usually attributed to it - all those with a lack of even an inkling of the quantum (a field of science just developing at the time) go insane. Children born into this strange new world, as well as those who were physicists before the big shift, find themselves gradually gaining the ability to visualise and realise matter, energy and forces from the infinite probabilities offered in the quantum world. The roleplay is about endeavouring to reach the other worlds, while also trying to unravel the mystery of what happened on that day, and why.

Untitled token-oriented roleplay

Every dozen generations or so, a game takes place to determine the ultimate 'collector' of planet Earth, though the objects being gathered are far more arcane than you might initially expect. Each character begins with a totem of some kind, which holds powers specifically related to its direct usage and connotations. A person with a stopwatch can rewind through their own history and alter events, but only back up until the point they obtained the watch. The tossing of dice or the flipping of a coin can alter fate and probability. The game is won when a single character has all the totems, though those that have had theirs taken away still retain some minor residual powers.
    Last edited by Orion; January 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

Registered
    May 2007
    Default Re: Orion's Next Project (V2, Revote)

I'm interested in both Mind Over Matter and Quantum Magic for the same reasons that I gave before.

For my third option, I chose The Singularity, mostly because I've been rewatching Ghost in the Shell lately and find the topic particularly interesting.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
    Many, many games

I voted once and that was for the Halo rp. I know I could vote three times but, I decided to just vote for the one that I felt for my inclined to go for. The other ideas are well and glorious from first read but, the Halo rp is one that I joined with you and was very sad that it did not continue. Besides our characters had a rivalry that was meant to build and would love to see how such interaction would have evolved.

Registered
    May 2006
    Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
    Forsaken World(an MMO)

I only voted twice. I went for Singularity and Halo. Partly because those are the only ones that I feel I could actually keep up with people in.

cherished fractured egg Piercing Light's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Playing
    I can't hold all these GEAMSSS

I wanted to vote for Halo 4 AND Singularity but I only noticed it was multiple choice after I voted... derp.

Picked Halo because I really like the universe and actually found the last RP to be pretty interesting.

As for Singularity.. well a science fiction RP such as that just sounds interesting to me, since a lot of what's around right now is fantasy.

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Playing
    with that pesky line of reality

Halo RPs are always interesting, albeit short-lived, and despite my undying resistance to the existence of Spartan-IVs, I am interested to see how they can be employed in RP format. Dr. Halsey got punched out...

Registered
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by King Wolfe View Post
    Halo RPs are always interesting, albeit short-lived, and despite my undying resistance to the existence of Spartan-IVs, I am interested to see how they can be employed in RP format. Dr. Halsey got punched out...
    Oh, don't worry, at least some of us would be new-generation Spartans, but not necessarily IV's.

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Playing

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Oh, don't worry, at least some of us would be new-generation Spartans, but not necessarily IV's.
    -IIIs ftw .

Registered
    Sep 2007

-IIIs ftw .
    Who said anything about S-IIIs?

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Playing

Who said anything about S-IIIs?
    They're cooler .

Registered
    Sep 2007

They're cooler .
    Cooler than the killed-in-augmentation S-IIs, post revival and equipped with the gear deemed too powerful for S-IIIs and IVs?

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Playing

Cooler than the killed-in-augmentation S-IIs, post revival and equipped with the gear deemed too powerful for S-IIIs and IVs?
    Yes, because they do not have the technological and biological advantages the -IIs had. Plus, we got Headhunters out of it.

Registered
    Sep 2007

Oh you're no fun, not even considering that some of the Spartan-IIs died in augmentation because their physical aptitudes were above the average for the kids at the time; that one such above-average trait might be the strength to wield a Hunter's shield with the assistance of MJOLNIR hybrid armour.

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Playing

Oh you're no fun, not even considering that some of the Spartan-IIs died in augmentation because their physical aptitudes were above the average for the kids at the time; that one such above-average trait might be the strength to wield a Hunter's shield with the assistance of MJOLNIR hybrid armour.
    Of course ^^

But the -IIIs were able to match the -IIs even without all them fancy gear and such, even being psychologically disabled - well, some. Though, Noble Team doesn't count. I'm mostly speaking about the Headhunters or those presented in Ghosts of Onyx. Noble Team is mostly Spartan-II V2.

Registered
    May 2006
    Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
    Forsaken World(an MMO)

Deviating from the IIs vs IIIs, I just realized something. Something tells me that if the Halo RP gets made, some Spartans are going to look VERY familiar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast