Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Registered
    Oct 2005
    Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
    Many, many games

Default Re: Sanguine Heart: A Small-Cast Dark Fantasy {OOC / Sign-Up}

..............I knew that. <.< >.> *Slowly leaves the room*

Registered
    Sep 2007

Granted, it never really died--but I just wanted an excuse to use that image.

Don't be afraid to initiate something, fellow demon-slayers, rather than just reacting to Geri. I already have a plan for how our adventure will finally begin, but our direction is totally a group decision from that point onward.

Start brainstorming, if you haven't already!

Registered
    Feb 2006

Come now, boys, the scholar and I don't bite--well, he doesn't anyways (as far as I know).

◂◂
    Registered
    Jan 2009

Would anyone like to give me some ideas on what to post? I'm struggling with writing in general right now so idk. I know that Danios would definitely be chatty, trying to raise everyone's spirits up and get a good check up on everyone to see if any injuries were sustained after the incident as well as being the rational doctor he is, approaching magic with some skepticism. Help?

Registered
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    Would anyone like to give me some ideas on what to post? I'm struggling with writing in general right now so idk. I know that Danios would definitely be chatty, trying to raise everyone's spirits up and get a good check up on everyone to see if any injuries were sustained after the incident as well as being the rational doctor he is, approaching magic with some skepticism. Help?
    Well, Tancred is always ready for a polite chat, and Danios is approachable enough for him.
    I've tried to make Geri fairly amiable--so he is always available for a conversation.

I have a few more ideas, but I won't spoil them all; expect a PM shortly.

(The Robin avatar is one of your best, by the way.)

Registered
    Sep 2007

I apologize for the double-post; I just wanted to inform everyone that I'll be moving things along soon.
    The flexible pace is good for times like these--but we should also take advantage of this time for planning/drafting.

Registered
    Feb 2006

I'm just waiting for someone to take notice of that giant fireball Lekain threw out. =v

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
    Many, many games

Can't lie. I had literally no idea on what Almeda should do.. Wait a fireball? I misread somewhere. I swear I didn't see that when I last checked the thread.

Registered
    Sep 2007

After my next post, our "tutorial phase" will be over.

Be prepared for some wanderin' around and demon huntin'.

Registered
    Sep 2007

Don't mind me, everybody.

Registered
    Sep 2007

I apologies for my throwing people into the Mistbeacon/Wide Root conflict, as well as the greater Astrid-Ysulda one. I'll be posting as soon as I can, but I'm currently working off an iPad and have an exam in two days. After that I've got all the free time in the world to either post or clarify what's happening in the northern reaches of Darkroot, so that others aren't totally out of the (newly-revealed) loop.

Registered
    Feb 2006

I'll try to get a post put together soon. Been a bit busy on my end too.

Registered
    Sep 2007

I appreciate the commitment, everyone. The small cast and flexible pace of this roleplay were implemented for situations exactly like these.

Before we continue on, I'd like to inquire about Sunny.
    Does he still plan to participate, or would he rather us move Danyal to a safe place and continue?

Registered
    Sep 2007

It occurred to me that our cast is a little hesitant to venture into the unknown—which is understandable, given the breadth of Lodovia and the forces at play. Ideally, I'd like for Sanguine Heart to have a fairly dynamic setting, in the sense that each character freely pursues their motives, and is affected by others in turn.

We're all competent roleplayers and writers, so I think that we can safely stop worrying about stepping on each others' toes—provided the facts are clear to everyone. To accomplish that, I'll be hosting...

Q&A Sharing Hour!

Those little dreglings are questions. Watch me cut them down.
    I apologize for any disorganization, by the way; this was typed all in one sitting.

- "Your descriptions of the Najvyss are a little vague; how does it function, exactly?"

Spoiler Spoiler: Najvyss 101 Show

- "Okay, I could have gathered as much. What is my character capable of doing, then? Can he/she use the Najvyss?"

Spoiler Spoiler: Your Character, pt. 1 Show

- "That clarifies magic and enhancements—but what about plot points? You, Jezza, and OmniChaos each seem to have your own plans; I don't want to interfere!"

Spoiler Spoiler: Your Character, pt. 2 Show

- "That's comforting to know, but how will I be sure that I'm not interrupting?"

Now the "sharing" portion comes into play. If anybody has any questions about our party's current predicament, ask them now. If one of my answers doesn't make sense, ask for clarification. If anybody would care to express some partial or tentative plans, do so.

I still would like our main plans to be kept close-to-the-chest, to avoid touching the roleplay/collaborative fiction line. We shouldn't be afraid to ask one another about plans, though; at the very worst, you'll receive a polite "no". If we can start an open discussion in here, the roleplay might be able to progress more confidently.

On a related note, may I ask whether we can expect Sunny's participation—or, for that matter, his return?
    Last edited by Ordeith; July 19, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2007

I literally just want to say that my move with the whole Darkroot Brother conflict was just as a means to get us moving forward. To be perfectly honest, I have no concrete further plans overall, but I anticipate we'll get thrown further into the northern Darkroot conflict willingly or unwillingingly, maybe eventually 'changing hands' between one force and another or - as Ordeith explained - encounter a free-roaming Companion. Right now it's all open, and I'd be glad for others to step in.

The northern regions of Darkroot, further from Astrid's central keep, are held by tight-knit bands of hunters, archers, etc. They live in village such as the recently-destroyed Mistbeacon, which they use as a central staging post to hunt or gather resources in the surrounding area. Ysulda in the north is planning to move her forces into Darkroot, thus she's tried to turn or bribe Darkroot villages to her side, that her entrance may be made easier - even assured, provided she can establish her own forces among the recently-turned villagers. We might even come across an assassin of Ysulda's in the village of Wideroot, former home of the recently-trapped bandits, who stuck around when his somewhat-loyal Darkroot accomplices decided to go marauding.

Things are totally open. Imagine anything that could happen. Think on how it could come about. Make it an actuality.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast