Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Dec 2004
    Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM

Default DC Comics to RELAUNCH EVERYTHING - New #1's for Everybody!

DC Universe: The Source Blog Archive DC Comics Announces Historic Renumbering of All Superhero Titles and Landmark Day-and-Date Digital Distribution

On Wednesday, August 31st, DC Comics will launch a historic renumbering of the entire DC Universe line of comic books with 52 first issues, including the release of JUSTICE LEAGUE by NEW YORK TIMES bestselling writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and bestselling artist and DC Comics Co-Publisher Jim Lee. The publication of JUSTICE LEAGUE issue 1 will launch day-and-date digital publishing for all these ongoing titles, making DC Comics the first of the two major American publishers to release all of its superhero comic book titles digitally the same day as in print.

DC Comics will only publish two comic books on August 31st: the final issue of this summer’s comic book mini-series FLASHPOINT and the first issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE by Johns and Lee, two of the most distinguished and popular contemporary comic book creators, who will be collaborating for the first time. Together they will offer a contemporary take on the origin of the comic book industry’s premier superhero team.

In the hours, days and weeks to come, we’ll have more news about the other titles. Tomorrow, we’ll hear from Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee about this momentous occasion. Keep checking THE SOURCE for updates about the other first issues.

This year, make history with us.

That's right, everyone. DC is relaunching everything. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Justice League, Teen Titans, Birds of Prey, so on and so forth. Come September everything will be brand new and available in both your local comic shop and from the DC Digital Store. Now is an absolutely perfect time to be a new reader.

Were you scared of the intimidating numbers like Action Comics #900 and Detective Comics #877? Well now you don't have to be. It's all at a #1 now.

Were you always into comics but could never find a comic store in your area? DC brings the comic store to you via Comixology - https://read.dccomics.com/comixology/#/dc_universe. On August 31st you'll be able to buy the brand new Justice League #1 from that website on their accompanying Apple and Android apps at the same time I'll be buying mine from my comic shop.

As for the relaunch, Executive-VP of Sales at DC Comics Bob Wayne says:
    We are positioning ourselves to tell the most innovative stories with our characters to allow fans to see them from a new angle. We have taken great care in maintaining continuity where most important, but fans will see a new approach to our storytelling.

Some of the characters will have new origins, while others will undergo minor changes. Our characters are always being updated; however, this is the first time all of our characters will be presented in a new way all at once.
    Flashpost: Bob Wayne Talks To Retailers About Day-And-Date Digital Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

The best part is there will be brand new creative teams for three-quarters of DC's books. Not only will there new continuity but there will also be fresh, new storytelling.

I am definitely looking forward to these new books come September. So very excited! I hope at least a few of jump on with me.

Registered
    May 2007
    Default Re: DC Comics to RELAUNCH EVERYTHING - New #1's for Everybody!

Hmm? This is very interesting and peaks my interest. Really getting into American comics seems like an achievable endeavor now. Thanks for this little bit of news.

Registered
    Nov 2008

I have mixed feelings about this. Atleast I hope that they finish all the stories nicely.

Registered
    Dec 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    Hmm? This is very interesting and peaks my interest. Really getting into American comics seems like an achievable endeavor now. Thanks for this little bit of news.
    It'll certainly be easier to know where to start. But this is only the start of the news. As they said, there will be more news in the days, weeks and months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. Atleast I hope that they finish all the stories nicely.
    If you check out the solicits for August there's quite a lot of finality amongst the current storylines. This type of event requires a lot of co-ordinating so it's not as if they'd be cutting anyone off at the knees. Morrison will end the first part of his Batman Inc story, the Reign of Doomsdays will finish and Snyder gets to conclude his Detective run. DC's not screwing with their creators.

Personally, I hope to see Greg Rucka come back for something. Marvel managed to hook him for Punisher and I know he has commitments he's still working on but he's been at DC ever since I started reading them and I love his work a lot.

Zen
    Registered
    Jan 2007

Wow, this is actually great. Makes it easier for me and now I'll finally be reading the same thing everybody else is reading, hehe. Starting over is nice and I'm glad they're doing this for more than one character and title.

Registered
    Sep 2008
    Snatcher, Hotline Miami

I'll take Superman and Green Lantern, thank you very much. and maybe Wonder Woman

Registered
    Dec 2004

Glad to see some new names be excited.

Here's a better look at that Justice League cover.

Who notices any costume differences?

The Superior Lanydx Lanydx reborn's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009

Who's the robot dude? Sorry I don't read DC or Marvel.

Registered
    Dec 2004

Cyborg. He's been featured in Smallville and the Teen Titans cartoon.

Registered
    May 2007

Who notices any costume differences?
    Well, Batman's outfit seems more metallic (especially the gloves/gauntlets) but that might just be the style of artwork.

Registered
    Oct 2007
    .hack//mutation, skyward sword

Donna's is obvious, the tights and the more covering of the cleavage. batman the gauntlets and the lack of a glowing batsymbol. hal has a collar and shoulder pads, barry's got lightning bolts on his head and superman, the red in his tights.

◂◂
    Registered
    Jan 2009

As long as my Inc. and Detective Comics are intact, as well as the Damian/Dick due the same, I'm all up for it.

Zen
    Registered
    Jan 2007

Yeah, all their costumes look a bit more armorish. I think Superman's S looks different, kind of less round. His short and belt look to be a different color and design although that might just done for effect. (doubt it though)

Wonder Woman now dons silver instead of gold =o
    Last edited by Zen; June 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Registered
    Dec 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    Well, Batman's outfit seems more metallic (especially the gloves/gauntlets) but that might just be the style of artwork.
    Yeah, it's definitely more bulkier and armored this time. I'm also willing to be the black trunks are gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trag View Post
    Donna's is obvious, the tights and the more covering of the cleavage.
    You mean Diana. :P
    Yeah, it's just a slight variation on her Odyssey costume.

batman the gauntlets and the lack of a glowing batsymbol.
    I kinda liked the Batman Inc costume.

hal has a collar and shoulder pads
    I was hoping we might get rid of the white gloves too. Oh well. Also, where's his ring?

barry's got lightning bolts on his head
    He's also got Wally's 'V' lightning bands on his arm instead of the straight circle ones. And a chin guard.

superman, the red in his tights.
    A collar, new belt and apparently new boots too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wastewander View Post
    I think Superman's S looks different, kind of less round. His short and belt look to be a different color and design although that might just done for effect. (doubt it though)
    Definitely right on both accounts.

Wonder Woman now dons silver instead of gold =o
    Yeah, I guess Aquaman filled their gold quota.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    As long as my Inc. and Detective Comics are intact, as well as the Damian/Dick due the same, I'm all up for it.
    idk. DC Relaunch: Batgirl #1 and Nightwing #1 UPDATE Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Registered
    Jan 2006
    A Grand Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Stooge View Post
    I was hoping we might get rid of the white gloves too. Oh well.
    Hell no. The white gloves are a very important part of his design. They create a focus on the most important aspact of GL as a character- his hands, or more specifically, his ring. Not to mention, the white helps break up the black and green, making Hal feel less...two toned...simplistic.

Also, where's his ring?
    Oh shit. Either Jim Lee is losing his touch, or DC is taking him in a direction I just don't care for.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast