Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    Default Re: The Hunger Games Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Delsan View Post
    I believe the gas caused the skin to like melt or peel off.
    She was horribly convulsing. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Marly View Post
    I think midway like 15 or 16 would be excellent. Or maybe just lower the age limit on R rated movies? If the government can trust you to drive a potential killing machine at 16, then surely they should trust teenagers with being able to chose whether what they're comfortable enough to see in a movie.
    I've always thought the age restrictions on things were hilarious. You can't drink, smoke, gamble, or see R rated movies but cars are totally fine.
    I agree, movies would really benefit from the ratings being changed. Even if R dropped down to 17 or 16 that would make a huge difference.

Mags death scene? I'm curious as to how that death came across as particularly violent to you. Sure it was awful D:. But I see no reason why they couldn't put it on screen, I don't remember the poisonous gas causing any sort of bleeding.
    The nature of it was pretty disturbing, not graphic.

And yea, ditto, I've been watching R rated movies since I can remember, which makes me extremely biased when I say I think parents way underestimate what a kid can and can't handle that and a kid's ability to distinguish between what's real and what's fictitious.
    I think they do underestimate what children can handle. It's surprising how much of it goes over your head as a child anyway; I find myself crying more as an adult over sad things in movies than I did as a child.

All right, don't have a crap attack Marly's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Delsan View Post
    I believe the gas caused the skin to like melt or peel off.
    Hmm, yes but I don't think that happened instantaneously, and considering that the reason she offed herself was so they could get away, I seriously doubt they'd show that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taocha View Post
    The nature of it was pretty disturbing, not graphic.
    Lol I love how you find the old lady saving her young protege as standout-ishly disturbing in a book about kids forced to kill each other.

But really, yes, Mag's death was tragic :(

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Marly View Post
    Lol I love how you find the old lady saving her young protege as standout-ishly disturbing in a book about kids forced to kill each other.

But really, yes, Mag's death was tragic :(
    I don't find Mags dying to save Finnick, Katniss and Peeta disturbing. >_____> I found the convulsing part of her death disturbing. Mags was such a sweet, brave old woman.

Killjoy Hillington
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Yeah, and despite her age she was still useful.

All right, don't have a crap attack Marly's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2007

I don't find Mags dying to save Finnick, Katniss and Peeta disturbing. >_____> I found the convulsing part of her death disturbing. Mags was such a sweet, brave old woman.
    Oh, lol, sorry. I guess my memory is just rubbish cause I don't remember Collins going into detail about her death. :x

Killjoy Hillington
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Well we all knew she was going to be one of the first ones to die anyway (at least I knew).

Registered
    Dec 2009
    Final Fantasy XIII

It was still sad though :/
    Finished rereading the book yesterday. The more I watch the trailer, the more I'm really not feeling Lawrence as Katniss. I tried imagining her when I was reading but I just can't see it. Maybe her acting will make up for her appearance but eh.
    I like this girl for Katniss though.

Killjoy Hillington
    Registered
    Jul 2010

Lawrence as Katniss is really how I pictured her. I don't know how anyone could feel any different.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

I didn't picture Lawrence as Katniss, just because I actually find Lawrence a whole hell of a lot more likable than Katniss. But watching her in the trailer, she was really good. And I know she'll make me care more about Katniss than I did when I was reading the books.

Registered
    Dec 2009
    Final Fantasy XIII

I didn't picture Lawrence as Katniss, just because I actually find Lawrence a whole hell of a lot more likable than Katniss. But watching her in the trailer, she was really good. And I know she'll make me care more about Katniss than I did when I was reading the books.
    Yeah, she seems... I dunno, docile? But she seems to be pulling through. Her body though... she's not fat or anything but she doesn't give off the impression of living in poverty and having to live off whatever she can catch in the woods.

Killjoy Hillington
    Registered
    Jul 2010

What? I think she pulls that off perfect. In the trailer she has hairy legs (or that's peeta, not sure) and she looks kinda ugly before they show her in the capitol.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Delsan
    What? I think she pulls that off perfect. In the trailer she has hairy legs (or that's peeta, not sure) and she looks kinda ugly before they show her in the capitol.
    Oh god, wtf man. xD THAT'S WHAT US WOMEN LOOK LIKE WITHOUT MAKE UP. I love that she's not wearing make-up; it's very realistic and she's still gorgeous. I didn't notice the hairy legs though, unless you're referring to the waxing scene. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Vani View Post
    Yeah, she seems... I dunno, docile? But she seems to be pulling through. Her body though... she's not fat or anything but she doesn't give off the impression of living in poverty and having to live off whatever she can catch in the woods.
    She never gets fat, she puts on some pounds but I doubt it would be heavily noticeable other than some belly pudge.

And to me she just seems sweeter than Katniss was in the books, I found it hard to like her and I really didn't until Rue died. xD But, I like the Lawrence is more likable. <3

Registered
    Apr 2011

I agree, just the whole "realness" of the characters automatically makes me love the movie.

Registered
    Dec 2009
    Final Fantasy XIII

You know, after watching the trailer a couple times, I'm actually not starting to mind Jennifer as Katniss. I'd rather she'd be tanner, but I like her voice and can't wait to here her sing (if she even really does sing -__-)
    And Peeta is just amazing. I had my doubts, but they're definitely gone now.
    One thing though, think they're gonna show the scene with the Avox Girl and boy in the woods? I can see it being cut out but I felt it really added on to the fear and feeling of being trapped and controlled by the Capitol.

Killjoy Hillington
    Registered
    Jul 2010

I didn't notice the hairy legs though, unless you're referring to the waxing scene. o_o
    Yeah, I'm referring to that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    I agree, just the whole "realness" of the characters automatically makes me love the movie.
    Same here. Most of the characters look exactly how I pictured them. I didn't picture Peeta blonde or Effie that pale, and I'm still not sure about Haymitch, but other than that the characters look great

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast