Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Jul 2012
    The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds/ Wind Waker, KH 1.5, Half Life

Default Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Be For PS4?

Right, so they just made the PS4 official at the Playstation meeting 2013. How much of a chance do you guys think KH3 has to come out on the PS4 now?

I for one really hope it doesn't because i don't want to buy a PS3 for KH 1.5 and 2.5 and then haft to buy a PS4 for KH3... I don't have that much money Square.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4?

Games still will come out that are exclusive to the PS3, despite the PS4 being announced. We also don't have a release date for the PS4 yet.

Registered
    Jul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Taochan View Post
    We also don't have a release date for the PS4 yet.
    We also don't have a release date for KH3

Registered
    Sep 2009

Iunno, it depends on a lot factors like how well the PS4 does, if they've already started working on KH3 (at least early stuff), how much longer it'll take for it to come out, etc. Right now I'm still leaning on it coming out on the PS3 for several reasons.

1. The Re:MIXs.
    2. Nomura is trying to get the series to one, home, console.
    3. He has more experience with the PS3.
    4. KH2 came out for the PS2 a while after the PS3 was out.
    5. Much of the fan base is expecting KH3 to come out for the PS3, bought PS3s just for it, and I'm sure Square is aware.

KH3 is suspected to come out around 2015-2016 and I don't think that's too far into the PS4's life span for them to still consider the PS3.

Registered
    Jul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ruran View Post
    Iunno, it depends on a lot factors like how well the PS4 does, if they've already started working on KH3 (at least early stuff), how much longer it'll take for it to come out, etc. Right now I'm still leaning on it coming out on the PS3 for several reasons.

5. Much of the fan base is expecting KH3 to come out for the PS3, bought PS3s just for it, and I'm sure Square is aware.

KH3 is suspected to come out around 2015-2016 and I don't think that's too far into the PS4's life span for them to still consider the PS3.
    Very good points thanks for raising my hopes back up!

Registered
    Jul 2008
    inFAMOUS

Um PS3 wasn't released until November 2006. KH2 came out in December 2005 and March 2006...

Registered
    May 2007

i'm guessing it's versus under a new title and probably not kh3

Registered
    Aug 2007

Kingdom Hearts III being exclusive to the PS4 seems rather strange considering they're planning on rereleasing all of HD remakes on the PS3 right now. But if they have to, hopefully they could make it for the PS3 and PS4.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by laddyboy12 View Post
    We also don't have a release date for KH3
    My point still stands.

Nomura is also very aware of the console spread issue which is the entire purpose of the HD collections. I think he intends to bring the entire Xehanort series together on the PS3 which would include KH3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wehrmacht View Post
    i'm guessing it's versus under a new title and probably not kh3
    he's asking about the likelihood of kh3 showing up on the ps4 instead of the ps3

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʙᴇɢɪɴs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ Master Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

I completely expect KH3 to be cross-platform. No way would SE sacrifice the PS3 user base and not try to appeal to the PS4 buyers.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Pokemon X, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Pokemon Black 2

PS4 will be easier to develop for then PS3. Nomura made a major gaf by releasing the HD remixes on the PS3. KH3 isn't coming until 2015 and by then next gen consoles will be the main focus. Personally I feel Nomura should just drop the ancient difficult PS3 architecture and move on to a console where not only coding is easier, but other things are possible. I mean 8GB of GDDR5!!! 8GB!!! In 2015 I want to play KH3 in 1080p HD not sub HD below 30fps. Think about it guys.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally Posted by breaktheice16 View Post
    Um PS3 wasn't released until November 2006. KH2 came out in December 2005 and March 2006...
    Really? I thought the PS3 came out earlier than that. Maybe I'm thinking of Re:CoM P:
    Ah well, point still stands though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadentheman View Post
    PS4 will be easier to develop for then PS3. Nomura made a major gaf by releasing the HD remixes on the PS3. KH3 isn't coming until 2015 and by then next gen consoles will be the main focus. Personally I feel Nomura should just drop the ancient difficult PS3 architecture and move on to a console where not only coding is easier, but other things are possible. I mean 8GB of GDDR5!!! 8GB!!! In 2015 I want to play KH3 in 1080p HD not sub HD below 30fps. Think about it guys.
    I'm not well versed on the technical aspects of the PS3 and PS4 but in terms of graphics...meh, I couldn't care less. This is me being a technical noob again but don't you need an HD t.v. to see the HD the PS3&4 provide anyway?

Registered
    Dec 2011
    None

Default Re: Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Be For PS4?

Is it too much to hope for Kingdom Hearts III being on the Wii U? With 1.5 only being on the PS3, I don't know, but considering how the absence of backwards compatibility is enough to turn me off from getting a PS4, I don't want KH3 to tempt me.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Pokemon X, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Pokemon Black 2

Really? I thought the PS3 came out earlier than that. Maybe I'm thinking of Re:CoM P:
    Ah well, point still stands though.

I'm not well versed on the technical aspects of the PS3 and PS4 but in terms of graphics...meh, I couldn't care less. This is me being a technical noob again but don't you need an HD t.v. to see the HD the PS3&4 provide anyway?
    There is such a thing as downscaling, however it's downscaled to Sdtv if you have one. Most people have at least one HDTV in their homes now. But yes to see HD you need an HD display. We will have reached an new era and a standard. The PS3 can not do 1080p gaming. Most HD screens are now 1080p screen.

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Kid Icarus:Uprising, Professor Layton Mask of Miracle, DS2(WiiU), AC3(WiiU), Uncharted 3

Default Re: Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Be For PS4?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Knight View Post
    Is it too much to hope for Kingdom Hearts III being on the Wii U? With 1.5 only being on the PS3, I don't know, but considering how the absence of backwards compatibility is enough to turn me off from getting a PS4, I don't want KH3 to tempt me.
    Yes, that is entirely too much to hope for.(unfortunately) At this point we pretty much know it will be on a sony system. its just a matter of which one. I still think it'll be ps3 since it has a wider base of people who actually own the console. Lets not forget that ps4 is expected to have a price tag of $450 or more. So it'll be a while into its launch before it gets a base as wide as ps3. It would just be better business sense to sell it on a system people already have.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast