Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Registered
    Dec 2010
    In my dark blue DeLorean of course. Look for the license plate, "WABAC"
    Final Fantasy XIV, Bravely Default and Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Default Re: What GameInformer wants in Kingdom Hearts III

I'm not sure why every time I read something like this, they complain about the story. First off, KHI was made before Nomura was given the go ahead to make it a series. So that has caused some problems. Secondly, I think people complain because it's taken so long. If Versus had never existed and this saga had been wrapped up a few years ago, I don't think we'd be seeing so many complaints.

I can understand the reasoning behind the first one, if we ever gt HD re-releases I hope they insert some scenes/playable segments/ voice-overs or something. A lot could be cleared up that way if, the so far unconfirmed, BBS V2 doesn't do it first. As for it taking to long, frankly, they need to get over it. No one complained about Harry Potter taking ten years to wrap up (basically) or the gap between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. At least Nomura and co. have been able/nice enough to doll the story out in bits instead of making large numbered titles. What if we were still two years out from 3D because they had decided to incorporate it into III and then turn the second half of III into IV? That sounds terrible to me. I happy with what we've had and will have.

As for new worlds we still haven't been to Camelot, Dumbo's Circus, Bambi's Forest, Lady and the Tramp's city, 101 Dalmatians' London, the town part of the DI, Chicken Little's world (not sure I'd want to go there though) and Hawaii.

And they've never touched on some good films like Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free, Ichabod and Mister Toad, The Jungle Book (that one's a biggie), Robbin Hood, The Rescuers (and it even has a sequel, two visits!), Bolt, The Princess and the Frog (another biggie), Tangled (and another). There's also two Mickey movies in the works. One revolving around the Magic Kingdom and another supposedly staring Mickey, Donald and Goofy called " The King of Elves". And they are also working on an adaptation of "The Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Andersen. I could see them working those in since they could be out or near it by the time we see III.
    Basically, they've got plenty of Disney worlds to go to before we see Pixar worlds. Not that I don't want to see Toy Story Wall-E or The Incredibles, there's just other places I'd like to see considered first.

Head Mom In Charge XIII Heartless's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2006
    inFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Uncharted series, Smart As..., Dead Nation, FIFA '14

KH being made before Nomura was allowed to map out a full series doesn't do much to change the fact that the story is pretty convoluted (I won't say complex as I find it simple, but one certainly has to follow a lot of shit to get the gist of what's going on in the series nowadays and the average gamer isn't ok with that), so the complaints about the accessibility of the story are justified, I think.

Your comparison of KH to LoZ is a terrible one though. LoZ games exist on their own merit, so people won't complain as much about the wait between LoZ games as they will between a game and it's sequel. When half of the aforementioned sequels that people wait years for are games like Days and Re: coded, I think people are certainly entitled to a few complaints. And Harry Potter didn't force us to shell out for a number of smaller books in order to understand what was going on with the story. It was advertised from the beginning as being a 7 part series, so fans knew what they were getting into. Another terrible comparison on your part.

Registered
    Aug 2007

I'd love to see Jungle Book soon especially seeing how detailed they've made the world in the beta version inside BBS's contents.

Registered
    Dec 2005

They'll have to ignore Louie. (Disney has a Louie embargo)

Head Mom In Charge XIII Heartless's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2006
    inFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Uncharted series, Smart As..., Dead Nation, FIFA '14

Quote Originally Posted by rokudamia2 View Post
    They'll have to ignore Louie. (Disney has a Louie embargo)
    Wait....what? Don't know what you mean here.

Registered
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by XIII Heartless View Post
    Wait....what? Don't know what you mean here.
    Yeah, why no King Louie? I don't understand .-.

Registered
    Feb 2008
    Final Fantasy XV Beta; KH 2.5 ReMIX; Rise of the Tomb Raider; Type-0

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Like most KH fans, I'll buy whatever system the new KH is on.
    Wait, whut? One of the biggest complaints is the console jumping and it being too much money to keep playing the series.

Registered
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    Wait, whut? One of the biggest complaints is the console jumping and it being too much money to keep playing the series.
    But yet you still find most fans with every single KH game that comes out xD

Registered
    Feb 2008
    Final Fantasy XV Beta; KH 2.5 ReMIX; Rise of the Tomb Raider; Type-0

Quote Originally Posted by MasterZeR0 View Post
    But yet you still find most fans with every single KH game that comes out xD
    Where do you guys get "Most fans" from? These forums? Cause I believe we are a minority or something.

Birth by Sleep sold 1,130,000 copies, which is significantly less than the original game(5,500,000 or 3,450,000 if you want wikipedia)
    Last edited by DINKELBERG!!!; March 18, 2012 at 09:39 PM.

Registered
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    Where do you guys get "Most fans" from? These forums? Cause I believe we are a minority or something.

Birth by Sleep sold 1,130,000 copies, which is significantly less than the original game(5,500,000 or 3,450,000 if you want wikipedia)
    "Most fans", in my case, was a generalization, based on the assumption that solid "fans" are those like you and I, and the other forum members.

Registered
    Dec 2010
    In my dark blue DeLorean of course. Look for the license plate, "WABAC"
    Final Fantasy XIV, Bravely Default and Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by XIII Heartless View Post
    Your comparison of KH to LoZ is a terrible one though. LoZ games exist on their own merit, so people won't complain as much about the wait between LoZ games as they will between a game and it's sequel. When half of the aforementioned sequels that people wait years for are games like Days and Re: coded, I think people are certainly entitled to a few complaints. And Harry Potter didn't force us to shell out for a number of smaller books in order to understand what was going on with the story. It was advertised from the beginning as being a 7 part series, so fans knew what they were getting into. Another terrible comparison on your part.
    I was only comparing them in the length of time. Since most of the complaints I run across don't have any substance outside of " KH is taking too long". I realize Zelda games aren't connnected and HP was known to be seven from the beginning, however, we were never given a time table for the that. Rowling could have had something come up and delayed book 6 or 7 by a year or more. Anyway, my point is if people are going to complain about the length of time and have no other substance to the argument it's kind of pointless. Your argument, on the other hand, has some substance so while I may disagree I wouldn't call it pointless.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    None

Quote Originally Posted by MasterZeR0 View Post
    "Most fans", in my case, was a generalization, based on the assumption that solid "fans" are those like you and I, and the other forum members.
    Although there are a lot of solid, dedicated fans who love the KH series despite their not being able to afford every different console ^^'

Plus, if all the games were converted to one console alone, that'd open the door for many more potential solid fans. :3

Registered
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lily View Post
    Although there are a lot of solid, dedicated fans who love the KH series despite their not being able to afford every different console ^^'

Plus, if all the games were converted to one console alone, that'd open the door for many more potential solid fans. :3
    I realize that, but I was saying that, when possible, it's what they tend to do :P

And while that is true, not every system is just not right for certain games, in my opinion. Like, Birth By Sleep was a perfect fit for PSP, and I don't think it would have worked as well for the DS, if they had wanted to put it on the same handheld. :/

Registered
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus View Post
    I'm not sure why every time I read something like this, they complain about the story. First off, KHI was made before Nomura was given the go ahead to make it a series. So that has caused some problems. Secondly, I think people complain because it's taken so long. If Versus had never existed and this saga had been wrapped up a few years ago, I don't think we'd be seeing so many complaints.

I can understand the reasoning behind the first one, if we ever gt HD re-releases I hope they insert some scenes/playable segments/ voice-overs or something. A lot could be cleared up that way if, the so far unconfirmed, BBS V2 doesn't do it first. As for it taking to long, frankly, they need to get over it. No one complained about Harry Potter taking ten years to wrap up (basically) or the gap between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. At least Nomura and co. have been able/nice enough to doll the story out in bits instead of making large numbered titles. What if we were still two years out from 3D because they had decided to incorporate it into III and then turn the second half of III into IV? That sounds terrible to me. I happy with what we've had and will have.

As for new worlds we still haven't been to Camelot, Dumbo's Circus, Bambi's Forest, Lady and the Tramp's city, 101 Dalmatians' London, the town part of the DI, Chicken Little's world (not sure I'd want to go there though) and Hawaii.

And they've never touched on some good films like Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free, Ichabod and Mister Toad, The Jungle Book (that one's a biggie), Robbin Hood, The Rescuers (and it even has a sequel, two visits!), Bolt, The Princess and the Frog (another biggie), Tangled (and another). There's also two Mickey movies in the works. One revolving around the Magic Kingdom and another supposedly staring Mickey, Donald and Goofy called " The King of Elves". And they are also working on an adaptation of "The Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Andersen. I could see them working those in since they could be out or near it by the time we see III.
    Basically, they've got plenty of Disney worlds to go to before we see Pixar worlds. Not that I don't want to see Toy Story Wall-E or The Incredibles, there's just other places I'd like to see considered first.
    Sorry, but I had to mention. "King of the Elves" is one movie based on the short story. The new animated Mickey Mouse movie is something different.

Registered
    Jan 2011
    TEWY, Mega Man Zero collections, KH 358/2 Days

It doesn't matter that KH was jumping from console to console. I kinda saw it coming since a lot of series had gone that route.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast