Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    KHI Site Staff
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Default Re: What GameInformer wants in Kingdom Hearts III

Quote Originally Posted by Wastewander View Post
    Noooo, I will not listen to reason and logic. I will have my Spidey world in KH one day. 8D

That's two Spideys and a facepalming Parker (his facepalm has nothing to do with this either xD)

Registered
    Jan 2005

No offense to the topic creator but...

zzz

Registered
    Dec 2006

Nice to know that us Kingdom Hearts superfans aren't the only ones who want HD Versions.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    HD 1.5 ReMIX

I love the way everyone on this forum tries to defend the story thus far and say it's not "too complex" or "overly complicated." It's like you guys take personal offense to that sort of claim. Lol.

I've followed KH since the beginning, and I've played every game, excluding the original coded (no Japanese phone, duh), KH1FM, and BBSFM (this is on my to-do list). I understand about as much as anyone can about the series. I practically live on the Wiki. I know what's gone on, how each element connects, etc., and it's very, very complex, in my opinion. I'm not complaining, though. I enjoy the depth to the story. Have certain parts gotten a little ridiculous? You bet. (We have, what, 5 Xehanorts now? Three or more hearts in the same "body" at a time? You get the idea.)

So many people here have this attitude that if you haven't bought every single game (and its corresponding handheld) since KH2 and haven't devoted hours to YouTube to watch games you don't have the opportunity to play, you don't care enough about the series to deserve an explanation of everything that's gone on so far. What about those who've never played a Kingdom Hearts game before? That's something all game developers must take into consideration, and all of this branching out in opposite directions will take a lot of time to recap. I've even known people to shy away from the series when they realize just how long it would take to even come close to catching up.

Bring on the remakes, for our sake, and the sake of every other potential fan we can reel in. It's a shame we'll never see all of them remade together on a single platform, though.

KHI Site Staff
    Registered
    Jul 2008

I do not think anybody defended the story in this thread, did they? I don't agree with your post but yeah.

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D loke13's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by alexis.anagram View Post
    I agree with pretty near everything they wrote, except:

KH3 is not the next title. GameInformer still has a long wait ahead of it.

Simplifying the story is not an option until the next saga. What we have right now is what we have. And I still hold that the story just isn't that complicated if you've played the games and pay attention. The example of Xehanort and Master Xehanort being two different people who are also the same is misleading; one is Xehanort, the other is Xehanort possessing the body of another character. Nothing complex about it, and it makes even more sense if you've followed the story. That said, the clone characters need to go.

Better teammates than Donald and Goofy? Really? If KH3 does not have us traveling alongside Donald and Goofy I will cry great tears of sorrow. I wouldn't mind a party system to switch out D&G with other options, like Riku and Kairi, but they need to be there nonetheless.

I think the only reason the battle screens seem increasingly cluttered is because everything since KH2FM+ has been on a portable device, which have smaller screens, and each installment contributes more options to the game play. I don't think it's hard to pay attention to what's going on, though; obviously KH3D is still awaiting judgment on that front, but if you look at it, it's: enemy health, ally health, your health + drop gauge (there's no mana bar there, what GI?), command selection. I'm not sure where the difficulty enters.

I definitely agree that we need a new theme song (as long as it's Utada doing it). Multiplayer is kind of a non-selling factor for me; KH is a single-player game, through and through, as far as I'm concerned. And obviously KH3's biggest challenge is going to be the recap: I wonder if they'll even bother?

Thanks for the post rokudamia2, even though the article pretty much just rehashed everything everyone has been saying about KH3 since the portable trilogy started wrapping up.
    Yeah I pretty much agree with everything you said, after the bits about "Better Teammates" I just shook my head and left. I respectfully disagree with a few of the articles points.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect 2, Persona 3

Instead of just making "better" teammates they could always just make Donald and Goofy better :P I don't know why they have to imply it has something to do with them as characters because it doesn't. But seriously Donald and Goofy need to be in KH3....

Head Mom In Charge XIII Heartless's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2006
    inFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Uncharted series, Smart As..., Dead Nation, FIFA '14

Quote Originally Posted by Master Spockanort View Post
    I would only EVER accept one Marvel character in KH and that is Miles Morales, the new Spider-Man in the newest run of Ultimate Spider-Man and even then that is a total no for me. xD

There is definitely something not right about Marvel or the Muppets being placed in KH.
    Damn you. Now I will settle for no less than to see Miles in a KH game. God, he'd fit perfectly as a character trying to be a hero…OMG what if he was like Zack in the Coliseum?!?! *dies*

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Bravely Second (In my mind), Fire Emblem: Awakening, Osu and lot of Dream Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Sora2016 View Post
    Instead of just making "better" teammates they could always just make Donald and Goofy better :P I don't know why they have to imply it has something to do with them as characters because it doesn't. But seriously Donald and Goofy need to be in KH3....
    hahaha the first thing that came to mind when i read the first sentence of this was when SDG are fighting Marluxia's Data where donald and goofy are just aimlessly get smashed from marluxia's 3 flower holes or whatever there called but yes definitely they need to be more logical when fighting. in previous kh games they would just attack regardless if their enemy was invincible or in the middle of a combo of some sort. they should change their battle style to match the situation. i would also like reaction commands to be affected with donald and goofy like rikus dark shield. (even though that was pretty useless). HD Collections....... i crave the day they are released.........

Registered
    Aug 2011

The story in complicated, its convulted
    So a long recap cutscene that makes the story easier to understand we be welcome in KH3
    Nice article, everything went better than expected

Registered
    Mar 2012
    None

Agreed! It just wouldnt be Kingdom Hearts without Donald and Goofy!! and if you play the games from Birth by Sleep to KH3D, the story isnt all that hard. just so many ppl play games that are smack middle in the overall plot.

Registered
    Apr 2009
    Mario Galaxy 2/ EarthBound

Quote Originally Posted by The Lionheart View Post
    who is this "we" you speak of, I feel like most of the Kingdom Hearts community would rather them stick to Disney characters
    No, the "we" they speak of is the Gameinformer staff. Calm thy horses.

Registered
    Jan 2011
    TEWY, Mega Man Zero collections, KH 358/2 Days

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    I went in thinking "Oh dear god not one of these again" but I actually agreed with all of them. Kudos, Gameinformer. You have done well.
    Same here. Gameinformers really is a down to Earth and sane video-game review company. I agree with nearly everything they said. Also yeha want better worlds. It still pisses me off though that due to reasons (I was told about before) that Miyazaki movies can't be added to the series. On another note: hell no to Marvel being added.

Registered
    Mar 2012
    KH: Birth by Sleep

I don't think that they should simplify the story..... To me it would kinda feel like the series would loose some of it's magic then... Unless I'm misunderstanding exactly that means. But if not, I kind of feel that Kingdom Hearts's story line is a 'you snooze you loose' situation. All they need to do is bring us up to speed with things, you know condense the story into like, a few cut scenes (unless of course, again, that's what was meant.) As for Marvel, that's a big fat NO!!!!! Sorry for all you fans out there. It's just that when I try to envision Marvel in KH I can't do it, and part of me doesn't want to.... *shivers* The only point I know I agree with is a new theme song. Simple and clean and Sanctuary are nice, but they're getting sort of tiresome....

Registered
    Jan 2011
    TEWY, Mega Man Zero collections, KH 358/2 Days

Simple stories are boring stories.

Simple stories are the reason why I hate stories like Resident Evil.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast