Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Very Angry Paladin Reagan Rayden's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Default Pink Agaricus Heartless Frustration

So, as I'm sure a lot of you by this point have figured out, Pink Agaricus is diddlying impossible to get 100 hits on in 1.5 because your ability button (triangle) also makes Goofy and Donald attack the thing. This decreases the amount of hits you can get onto it if they attack it.

The original method of getting 100 hits was basically air-combo --> Ragnorok --> air combo --> Ragnorok etc. until you can no longer attack Pink Agaricus. However, now that the triangle button is the Command button for abilities it will also make Donald and Goofy attack and now this whole thing has become nearly impossible to do.

The only way to do it efficiently now is to glitch Goofy and Donald at the steps to the Treehouse in Deep Jungle by summoning Bambi and falling through a hole in the Treehouse. I have no idea how this hole is made. That's mostly what this thread is for.

I've never even known this hole exists. Does anyone know how to make it? It would make doing this 100-hits thing 100 times easier (no pun intended I swear).

This whole thing would be solved if they would just make it so Donald and Goofy's hits don't count. So dumb. >:(

Registered
    May 2006

Default Re: Pink Agaricus Heartless Frustration

To get the hole in the floor you have to make that tiger create it when you first fight it in the tree house. Not exactly sure how though.

Registered
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Riku View Post
    To get the hole in the floor you have to make that tiger create it when you first fight it in the tree house. Not exactly sure how though.
    That is incredibly stupid that that's the only way to do it.

KHI Site Staff
    Registered
    Sep 2013

That hole is made when you go to the house before defeating Sabor in the Bamboo Thicket. He'd bust out from the floor once you get into the house. It's miss-able; I'm at EotW and the floor is still intact. I guess there's no way to create that hole if you've missed it.

But why do you have to glitch Donald and Goofy? Don't they disappear for a while while Bambi is in action?

Registered
    Dec 2005

You can't use Ragnorok while Bambi is on the field.

Remains of the Judgement Haeralis's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Earthbound, Castlevania: The Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy XII International

If you don't have the hole, go to the back of the treehouse and summon bambi at the area where the really long ladder is that leads to the top of the house. Apparently it gets rid of Donald and Goofy, because when you dismiss Bambi they spawn there and can't get to the Pink Agaricus

Registered
    Dec 2005

I repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan Rayden View Post
    You can't use Ragnorok while Bambi is on the field.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

I had literally no idea of any of this. Okay, I beat Sabor in the tree house but I haven't fought him in the thicket yet... can I still make the hole in the tree house?

Remains of the Judgement Haeralis's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Earthbound, Castlevania: The Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy XII International

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan Rayden View Post
    I repeat.
    Was that directed at me? If so, you misunderstand. Wherever you summon Bambi, Donald and Goofy reappear there. So the system is to summon Bambi at that tall ladder and then dismiss him once you get close to the Pink Agaricus. Donald and Goofy get stuck, and you can wail on the Agaricus as much as you want

KHI Site Staff
    Registered
    Sep 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Taochan View Post
    I had literally no idea of any of this. Okay, I beat Sabor in the tree house but I haven't fought him in the thicket yet... can I still make the hole in the tree house?
    I suppose so. I can't say for certain though since it happened to me accidentally in my playthrough of the Japanese version, but I suspect that if you pay the house a visit once again, Sabor will come through the floor.

If he still doesn't show up, try going there again after certain points of the plot: after rescuing Terk or after destroying the evil fruit. Sooner or later he must show up...

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Final Fantasy II

Jesus, I'm glad my TV shopping has prohibited my playing of this game and missing things. So many roundabout tricks to ensure my playthrough is at maximum efficiency too. Bless you guys.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Rydgea View Post
    Jesus, I'm glad my TV shopping has prohibited my playing of this game and missing things. So many roundabout tricks to ensure my playthrough is at maximum efficiency too. Bless you guys.
    Happy to be your guinea pig.

Warrior of Light LaunchpadMcQuack's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    None

Donald and Goofy commands really should've been remapped to R2, or <- and -> on the D-pad.

KHI Site Staff
    Registered
    Sep 2013

Is there absolutely no way to reassign the button functions? I could've sworn I've seen the button configuration somewhere under the Options menu...

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Link to the Past

Quote Originally Posted by Flanix View Post
    Is there absolutely no way to reassign the button functions? I could've sworn I've seen the button configuration somewhere under the Options menu...
    I have a niggling feeling you could disable attacks in Donald and Goofy's Customize menu, but that may just be for curative magics and such.
    Or I just dreamed it.

I do that a lot.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast