Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 585 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Jan 2008
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Default Re: .::.The Dragoon's Hub - Graphics Shop.::.

i know you guys will become great graphic makers.now....where are the customers?!!

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG! SeaSalt IceCream's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2007
    Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Type-0 ZeroShiki Demo, Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection

i know you guys will become great graphic makers.now....where are the customers?!!
    Im really not sure... I guess we'll have to make up some sort of portfolio to show people we mean business!

Anyways yes, we promise that with our graphics we make you, we promise to spend time and effort on it and not just complete and do a slack job!

Keyblade Wielder Angel Of Death's Avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2006

Stock: http://planetrenders.net/renders/alb...18167/Tres.png
    Background: http://www.planetrenders.net/renders...473/wstern.png
    Colors: Whatever would fit best
    Artist: Both
    Text: Angel Of Death or AoD
    Size: 300 by 100

Keyblade Wielder RikuxSora_Lover's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2007

Wowwie! =D SSIC's and ShadowRikuRising's graphics shop! Cool! >w<
    Umm... *browsing* i think i have a request... TwT but i forgot which pics should i choose XDD

Registered
    Nov 2007
    Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Type-0 ZeroShiki Demo, Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection

Stock: http://planetrenders.net/renders/alb...18167/Tres.png
    Background: http://www.planetrenders.net/renders...473/wstern.png
    Colors: Whatever would fit best
    Artist: Both
    Text: Angel Of Death or AoD
    Size: 300 by 100
    Heheh im very excited about this one, I've got some ideas and I'd like to give it a go!

EDIT: Ignore that, I'll jut send you a PM! It's quicker!

Wowwie! =D SSIC's and ShadowRikuRising's graphics shop! Cool! >w<
    Umm... *browsing* i think i have a request... TwT but i forgot which pics should i choose XDD
    Well, when u decide what pictures you want we'd be happy - very happy to make you one, I mean ur one of my fave fanfic readers! and you're in my FC haha you're a great supporter to us so we'd love to make you somthing!
    Last edited by SeaSalt IceCream; March 5, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2007
    Playing
    FF 13-2, FF Type-0

Hello. SeaSalt and SRR! ^w^
    Here's my request:
    Stock : http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...cix/hero94.jpg
    Colour : Decide for me ^^
    Size : Normal signature size. xD

I don't mind who take my request. Thanks for it. ^w^

Vox
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Playing
    Ninja storm 3, DC Universe

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    *sigh*im not trying to offend you or anything but they are just doing it for fun.yes they're new to this but they're trying and that's all.they are doing it for pleasing the customer but also doing it for fun.they opened this graphic shop to try something new.they may be amateurs but still,they keep trying to make something good.
    No offense taken after all my post wasn't meant to harm anyone. well it just showed me where people differ is all. You said there doing it for fun. i am as well however i also have other motivations, such as Graphics is something i really want to do in the long run so my practice is at a much harder pace and i make sigs with more effort put into them. and ya i understand there amateurs which is why i eve posted before but.......im going to leave the remainder of my comments to myself. its things like this that make me want to close down my own shop these days.... a old friend of mine wants me to close it because he said it is pointless to make graphics for those who dont appreciate it

Registered
    Nov 2007

No offense taken after all my post wasn't meant to harm anyone. well it just showed me where people differ is all. You said there doing it for fun. i am as well however i also have other motivations, such as Graphics is something i really want to do in the long run so my practice is at a much harder pace and i make sigs with more effort put into them. and ya i understand there amateurs which is why i eve posted before but.......im going to leave the remainder of my comments to myself. its things like this that make me want to close down my own shop these days.... a old friend of mine wants me to close it because he said it is pointless to make graphics for those who dont appreciate it
    I do have a few things to say to that but I really want to do is leave this conversation behind us so what I will leave you with is this, I want to give you a little bit of advice.
    You say you do not do graphics not for fun, actually there was a stage I was like that too. Believe it or not I used to be head graphics designer in my web design team, but want you to think about somthing, If you take your graphic work too serriously you will lose you passion and get not joy out of it. You will lose the creativity and find that the sings you do begin to lose the passion. I may only be a 15 year old girl but I do know my stuff, I like to listen to those older than me, and they've always told me that if you love somthing do it and don't let others destroy your dreams. Never lose the love for what you do because if you do, people will start to not apreciate it. I wish you luck for your future!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. SeaSalt and SRR! ^w^
    Here's my request:
    Stock : http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...cix/hero94.jpg
    Colour : Decide for me ^^
    Size : Normal signature size. xD

I don't mind who take my request. Thanks for it. ^w^
    Hey P.O.H and we'd love to make you a sig, you've been a great supporter always of both SRR and me!

Anyways guys I have to go to bed, school tomorrows and I'll SRR and I promise to get into your requests ASAP! :)

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT!

Vox
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Playing
    Ninja storm 3, DC Universe

See i was prepared to leave things as they are ignoring how you bashed me as such accusing me of other things and assuming i meant other things in my words when they were what they were. i didn't once say any of you sucked i just said you were not that good. you decided to get all angry and pissy about it and began to rant and rave on about how RUDE i was. i meant no offense in my post earlier. now if you wanted me to say something mean about your skills and shop i would but im not that type of person. Xidon got to you before i did but thats a different topic entirely.

Why do you make it your goal to respond to everything i said. my last post i was talking to mon and you just had to make your voice heard.

You say you do not do graphics not for fun
    ??????? I didn't once say i don't do it for fun. i said i do it for fun and i have also another motivation that keeps me going. Ive tried my hardest to hold my tongue here but your making it VERY hard. for you to make me look like this self righteous jerk off makes me .......Really mad. Im one of the GFX artist around here that gets tired of those people that think there better than everyone else and have this so called god complex. that comment you made about me being a premium member....So what i dont care if i am a premium member i don't use my title like that and make it known that im a higher member than others so you were out of line with that one im sorry but its the truth.

Was i wrong in Posting here before. yea i was but im sorry when i see one of my Pet peeves i just have to speak my mind. O and one more thing......"QUIT IMPLYING THAT I IMPLIED SOMETHING! God.....honestly everything i say you imply that i am implying some sort of hidden diss or message. the Photoshop thing like you assume that i meant that only people with money can make good graphics. I didnt say anything about photoshop to be exact. so quit that act.

On a lighter note im sure you and SRR will be great GFX artist in the near future i used to be a rookie to Graphics and i wasnt that good but i kept practicing till i got to the level i am now. and for you to say the artist look Same-ish god that bothers me i put hours of effort into my work and i have TONS of different styles for you to say something like that is completely ....ugh nvm

On a even lighter note i wish you the best SRR if ya ever need any tutorials or help or any sources just Let me know man if ya want i can be like yoru guide or something. and if need me i can help ya.. so Goodbye i wont be posting here anymore im leavin on this note...

This all started when i pointed out that ya needed more skill before you open a signature shop and you decided to make this a massive argument. if i wanted to offend you then i would have did it. this wasn't me being offensive. but if need be i can make that happen.

Good luck and happy trials and all that other stuff that means good job =P

Can I still wait for you? Ultima Star's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Gekka Ryouran Romance

Quote Originally Posted by Xidon View Post
    GIMP is not an excuse to suck, some people make great stuff using GIMP and could make a lot of PS users ashamed with their work.

By saying this you are generalizing the whole gfx community and making the artists look like mainstreamers. There are a lot of people out there that dedicate a their time trying to improve, be original and stand out and I am sure they would be offended by this kind of thinking.
    If you have a problem with Xelhes you don't have to insult the whole gfx community and artists in general, so please don't.

Anyhow good luck with the shop and improving your skills.
    Seconded man x] you know you rock right Xid? XD

Well, even if sigs get to look all 'same-ish' at times it's just because we practice more and more every day *nod* by doing 'same-ish' sigs it's like..how to explain trying to master a kind of style then move to the othr one it's just like taht x]

It also isnt called copying ema right? cos if we follow tuts it's cos that way we learn =/ it's not called copying. Yikes I feel insulted D= I also follow tuts and make same-ish sigs like most of KHI artists yea..O.o..wth am I saying...O.O..that hit made my head go wrong anyway.

Geenralizing it's not that way, cos not all the artists are like that, I suppose that if following a tutorial to learn how to be able to make one specific kind of sig it's copying then..then I guess..*thinks* I guess that cos of that we should be self-taught and mes with the programme and we get something that wont be pleasant in our eyes (referring to us so called 'good artists' group that Im not on btw XD).

But like I was saying we try to learn that's hwy you would see those kind of graphics..and what if we use one certain kind of style?..it's to practice ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    ;;>___________< noo Xelhes-san dont close it nuu..I need inspiration D= lol. yo Xelhes, I guess I eally agre with yya on the part when each artist has a motivation *nod* =]

Over all,I guess that..evn people who use GIMP can make some good stuff it's not about the programme its about the artist and the will to improve...

Gimp gimp..gimp...I used a GIMP tutorial to make something like this:

This proves wrong any statement that says that Gimp sucks <3 (made with PS though XD)

When ya have the will to improve and ..well..have in mind that you want to beat us e who have just been called 'repetitive kind of artist' in a way XD then send me a PM and I'll try to help yah out.

One las thing, good luck. Improve if ya guys want and if ya have the will to ^^;

Registered
    Nov 2007

See i was prepared to leave things as they are ignoring how you bashed me as such accusing me of other things and assuming i meant other things in my words when they were what they were. i didn't once say any of you sucked i just said you were not that good. you decided to get all angry and pissy about it and began to rant and rave on about how RUDE i was. i meant no offense in my post earlier. now if you wanted me to say something mean about your skills and shop i would but im not that type of person. Xidon got to you before i did but thats a different topic entirely.

Why do you make it your goal to respond to everything i said. my last post i was talking to mon and you just had to make your voice heard.

Quote:
    You say you do not do graphics not for fun

??????? I didn't once say i don't do it for fun. i said i do it for fun and i have also another motivation that keeps me going. Ive tried my hardest to hold my tongue here but your making it VERY hard. for you to make me look like this self righteous jerk off makes me .......Really mad. Im one of the GFX artist around here that gets tired of those people that think there better than everyone else and have this so called god complex. that comment you made about me being a premium member....So what i dont care if i am a premium member i don't use my title like that and make it known that im a higher member than others so you were out of line with that one im sorry but its the truth.

Was i wrong in Posting here before. yea i was but im sorry when i see one of my Pet peeves i just have to speak my mind. O and one more thing......"QUIT IMPLYING THAT I IMPLIED SOMETHING! God.....honestly everything i say you imply that i am implying some sort of hidden diss or message. the Photoshop thing like you assume that i meant that only people with money can make good graphics. I didnt say anything about photoshop to be exact. so quit that act.

On a lighter note im sure you and SRR will be great GFX artist in the near future i used to be a rookie to Graphics and i wasnt that good but i kept practicing till i got to the level i am now. and for you to say the artist look Same-ish god that bothers me i put hours of effort into my work and i have TONS of different styles for you to say something like that is completely ....ugh nvm

On a even lighter note i wish you the best SRR if ya ever need any tutorials or help or any sources just Let me know man if ya want i can be like yoru guide or something. and if need me i can help ya.. so Goodbye i wont be posting here anymore im leavin on this note...

This all started when i pointed out that ya needed more skill before you open a signature shop and you decided to make this a massive argument. if i wanted to offend you then i would have did it. this wasn't me being offensive. but if need be i can make that happen.

Good luck and happy trials and all that other stuff that means good job =P
    Fair enough I did tell you I wanted to leave it at that aswell, and more on, and thats fine I do.

Seconded man x] you know you rock right Xid? XD

Well, even if sigs get to look all 'same-ish' at times it's just because we practice more and more every day *nod* by doing 'same-ish' sigs it's like..how to explain trying to master a kind of style then move to the othr one it's just like taht x]
    Fair enough, but why master somthing when you could expand you're knowledge, I mean, please no offence to all you who want to master a skill. Im just saying this as an outsider stating that if you remain as good as you are with the same technique people become bored with it and just go, oh she's good, then move on. As soon as people see somthing new and different they seem either scared of it or drawn to it.
    Let me explain,
    I use to watch the TV show dancing with the Stars, anyways there's always been a couple who were infact very good from the start, but, because they had lifted such a high bar level standard and they were good every week, they had no room to improve. People got bored with them, and they lost public support cause people are just like "Aww they're going to get in anyway, their so good" So the ended up getting knocked out of the competition. Im not aiming this at anyone mind you, not you FK or you Xelhes, just somthing to think of as I've seen being a new comer into the graphics business. It's very nice to master your skills as such, but remember that you too are also making sigs for people, they expect a new and different creation, not that they aren't Im just saying people don't want a copy just cause you can do somthing well, they want a unique creation that they are going to love.

Geenralizing it's not that way, cos not all the artists are like that, I suppose that if following a tutorial to learn how to be able to make one specific kind of sig it's copying then..then I guess..*thinks* I guess that cos of that we should be self-taught and mes with the programme and we get something that wont be pleasant in our eyes (referring to us so called 'good artists' group that Im not on btw XD).
    Im pleased that we can all talk light hearted here, infact I'd prefer it takes, the heat out of the conversation, doesn't it make it quite so stressfull if you know what it means, I do believe I replied to the statment of generalising and I apologised for it.

This proves wrong any statement that says that Gimp sucks <3 (made with PS though XD)
    Ok, true, I admit defeat on that one, I do refuse to use a tutorial, like you said, the self taught artist, Im one of those. I see no creativity in those telling me what to do and what my creation should look like, I create things on how I invision them looking not how anyone else does! :)

When ya have the will to improve and ..well..have in mind that you want to beat us e who have just been called 'repetitive kind of artist' in a way XD then send me a PM and I'll try to help yah out.
    Oh do not mis-understand me, like I said I was not aiming the statment at anyone like youself. Infact I have seen majority of your work look very different. *Claps for you* but I can think of one person in particular (there are others so no names mentioned here) that appears to use the very same technique all over again on each sig. Each person kindly thanks them for their wonderful art, you scroll down the shop and find well, it looks the same as the next just different colours and pictures. That was the type of artist I was talking about. And yes I am willing to improve me techniques, so long as I do not lose the joy for what I have to do. I would send you a PM but I know you are a very busy girl in what you do so I wouldn't dream of taking up your time like that. No, I plan to remain self-taught and continue making myself better and better, starting from Rookie, like you guys said and working up. I refuse to let any statements faze me about saying I should be better before I've done this because I want to learn along the way. I've found that most of my best works were accidents that I just magically did one day XD. The I worked out how to do em, lol.

One las thing, good luck. Improve if ya guys want and if ya have the will to ^^;
    Thankyou, we'll need it! :) but I asure you, we do have the will, and really this conflict has just made my will stronger in wanting to do so, so Thankyou for that!

Now about those requests... I do assure you guys not to fret and Im on my way to school now, infact Im late :o oops lol, anyways me and SRR will work on em probably this after noon!

Miss Murder

Well you've missed some of the point Xelhes and the others were trying to get to you, SSIC.

Your Graphics do not suck, but perhaps you should both extend your own personal skills before filling out the graphics requests of other people on this forum. The reason for this being that when you're filling out someone elses request, it may not be exactly the best way to improve. I suppose it is difficult getting that point across, but there you have it.

Can I still wait for you? Ultima Star's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Gekka Ryouran Romance

ara ara *shakes head* (=so I see, so I see) well...=/ tutorials are something that really CAN help you y'know ..remaining self-taught is good at times but when you're starting you should like..well..try to learn at least some new techniques by reading and if ya dont want to follow a tutorial then ya should just read it and while making graphics in your own way you can try and use them combining stuff and such helps at times.

Lol possibly someone got bored of the same styles....but I havent heard such a thing right now XD ..and seems like anything I try to tell ya to reason and try to learn more stuff (which will be good for you and you know it) you wont listen...soooooo

*puts hands together*lt's elave it like that, ganbatte! =] (=do your best)

For the Real not the Fake Kazuma's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2006
    Persona 3 and God of War 2

Quote Originally Posted by foreverkingdom View Post
    ara ara *shakes head* (=so I see, so I see) well...=/ tutorials are something that really CAN help you y'know ..remaining self-taught is good at times but when you're starting you should like..well..try to learn at least some new techniques by reading and if ya dont want to follow a tutorial then ya should just read it and while making graphics in your own way you can try and use them combining stuff and such helps at times.

Lol possibly someone got bored of the same styles....but I havent heard such a thing right now XD ..and seems like anything I try to tell ya to reason and try to learn more stuff (which will be good for you and you know it) you wont listen...soooooo

*puts hands together*lt's elave it like that, ganbatte! =] (=do your best)
    It's really hard with out tuts trust me. For the reason you don't know everything in the program and you can't use it to it's fullest extent. Hell took me a 3 weeks till i knew what a gradient was, and use right without ****in up the stock. So tuts help ALOT .
    I don't try to master on technique I use it, mix it up on it. You won't get better doing request because most of the time you want to stick, no are going to stick to the same style and not accidentally mess it up. You only truly get better with self practice.

Registered
    Nov 2007

Thankyou everyone for your words of wisdom, I guess yesterday I was in a kinda bad mood, I guess when everyone all attacked me at once and embarrased me and SRR on this thread I imediatley felt the need for retaliation. I know it was wrong to take it out on you guys.

I will explain somthing to you guys though, I forgot to mention. I do infact realise my graphics skills need work, you aren't the first people to tell me that. Infact I am taking a graphics editing class at school and learning a lot. I guess it just gets hard though when the teacher knows absolutely nothing, lol. Still most of the Stuff we do is on Illustrator, no help on the gimp but, oh well, I am learning stuff so no worries.

I do apologise for any offence my messages may have come across just Xelhes picked the wrong time to tell me that. Im thinking a lot more rationally, I guess the way it came across by saying our graphic work burned his eyes as such I snapped and didn't really take it as help. I guess there are way you should word things and ways you shouldn't anyways. I now know all you guys were trying to do is help and I thank you for that.

However I would like to continue this thread on the basis, that actually my best works have come from accidents and I have a lot of trouble pleasing myself with things. I asked for a chance to prove myself for you guys so I will not try to fail. Infact Im still determined that if any requests come in I am ready to give em ago, so please I do beg you, no more words on the past I want to move on from it now, infact I wish I could start with a fresh clean slate so I hope you guys will understand.

AoD I'm working on your sig now, SRR will work on his version when he's free. :)