Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 587 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
    It's the only NEET thing to do. Lancelot's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2007
    NieR, Lord of Apocalypse

Default Re: .::.The Dragoon's Hub - Graphics Shop.::.

Damn straight! Stick it to em! Im sickof having to hear things like this about ours works too, and if your going to take anything out on us, take it out on me! My idea for the sig shop, me who made the first sig and avatar, so don't have a go at both of us, ok? SeaSalt doesn't deserve this, she was the one who inspired me to do this! So like she said, either say it to us via PM, or keep it to yourself!

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG! SeaSalt IceCream's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2007
    Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Type-0 ZeroShiki Demo, Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection

Damn straight! Stick it to em! Im sickof having to hear things like this about ours works too, and if your going to take anything out on us, take it out on me! My idea for the sig shop, me who made the first sig and avatar, so don't have a go at both of us, ok? SeaSalt doesn't deserve this, she was the one who inspired me to do this! So like she said, either say it to us via PM, or keep it to yourself!
    No SRR we're a team, we take the heat together, besides you have nothing to be ashmaed of making unique and individual sigs! I have nothing to be ashamed of and neither do you. So I refuse to let you take blame for doing nothing wrong!

Enough ugly thoughts, Please dont think of us as bad sig makers and that we can't take critism, just there are wrong ways and right ways to do this, I really do hope these comments wont turn you away from asking us to make you somthing, cause we're just as determined to make you somthing we want you to love despite bad publicity.

Registered
    Jan 2008
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

guys,did i say something offensive to you?

Registered
    Dec 2007
    NieR, Lord of Apocalypse

mon:what made you say that mate?
    SSIC: Exactly, we are up to it, we want to take on the sig making business, so be it if people don't like them, but the people that do will be our customers more than likely, and if something is appreciated, we'd be happy

Registered
    Jan 2008
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

i appreciate the sig you made me and im on your side so,is there any way i can help?

Registered
    Dec 2007
    NieR, Lord of Apocalypse

Nah, it's all good. We know your supporting us, thats the important bit]

Registered
    Nov 2007
    Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Type-0 ZeroShiki Demo, Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection

guys,did i say something offensive to you?
    No, Why'd you say that? You're defending us and I thank you for it! We need as much support we can get I guess, but, Still I doubt that it'd stop us if we didn't get any, Well It wouldn't stop me, Im proud of what I do and I love doing it, so no one can take that away from me!

To Xelhes: If you wish to discuss this further, I would much rather you send me a PM about it. I don't partically want to spam here. Thanks,

Now people, Who's up for a Sig or avvie made aye?

Registered
    Dec 2007
    NieR, Lord of Apocalypse

Yeah, lets get back to business! And Haku, u don't need to say anything, we've noticed you going in and out. Lets just leave it at this n move on pls

Registered
    Dec 2007

I agree in a way that if you have something that isn't exactly, pleasant to say, it would best be said via a PM or something less public than a post for all to see. Although, I do respect the opinions of people who prefer other people's sig work to SeaSalt's and SRR's. That is one of the many reasons why there is such a wide variety of sig shops to choose from. It gives a person the option of viewing many different ideas, and ultimately choosing their preference.

So, it is fair enough that you are not the biggest fan of my friend's work. However, you must remember that they are indeed, just starting off at this, and sig making is a hobby. It's not the best thing to crush their self-esteem and make them feel bad as artists. Besides, how are they going to improve in the future if they can't start off without being harshly criticised?

Ohh and by the way, I'm very happy with the sig you made me, SeaSalt ^_^

Registered
    Nov 2007

Ohh and by the way, I'm very happy with the sig you made me, SeaSalt ^_^
    You're most welcome! I guess there's really nothing left to be said then, we shall move on now and will!

HURRAY FOR MR.SSR AND SEASALT!!good luck!!
    Thanks man!
    *Does peace sign*
    Peace out!

Hmm we do have supporters! XD

On with the requests if anyone's brave to ask after the harsh treatment, I am genuinly a nice person, really, I am. So please I would be over-joyed for you to give us a request now!

Registered
    Oct 2006

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSalt IceCream View Post
    The point is SRR and myself do enjoy making a sig shop and our arkwork is UNIQUE! We have no fancy programs like Photoshop, we use plain old gimp,

Now no we are not waiting till we get better because we make do with the best stuff we have, I no certainly I can't afford a program for sig creating that costs over 100 dollars, not in my budget, are you saying that only people who come from wealthy families can make sigs? I think not.
    GIMP is not an excuse to suck, some people make great stuff using GIMP and could make a lot of PS users ashamed with their work.

Im sick of sigs that look the same! All the ones made by you so called "good" artists are boring and I just seem to skim over it, I mean ours is unique and different, just cause you may have a problem with change doesn't mean we will come over to the dark-side! If all artists are as rude to new comers as you were than I'd hate to be one! :P
    By saying this you are generalizing the whole gfx community and making the artists look like mainstreamers. There are a lot of people out there that dedicate a their time trying to improve, be original and stand out and I am sure they would be offended by this kind of thinking.
    If you have a problem with Xelhes you don't have to insult the whole gfx community and artists in general, so please don't.

Anyhow good luck with the shop and improving your skills.

Registered
    Dec 2007
    NieR, Lord of Apocalypse

I thank you for the good luck, but the way you wrote the firsrt bit, are you implying that you think we suck? thats how it comes across

Registered
    Oct 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRikuRising View Post
    I thank you for the good luck, but the way you wrote the firsrt bit, are you implying that you think we suck? thats how it comes across
    No, I am saying that you can't blame the program for your amount of skill, like Sir Schmoopy does for instance >.>

Registered
    Dec 2007
    NieR, Lord of Apocalypse

lol, ok then, just clarifying that, that's all. And also, we're not blaming the program, but everyone knows there are things that PS can do that gimp can't. All we're saying is that either like the way we do our work or don't, simple

Registered
    Nov 2007

GIMP is not an excuse to suck, some people make great stuff using GIMP and could make a lot of PS users ashamed with their work.
    Know I know this, but SRR's right? Are you implying somthing there? But what I mean by the excuse on gimp is that we do not have the same opportunities as those who have PS.

By saying this you are generalizing the whole gfx community and making the artists look like mainstreamers. There are a lot of people out there that dedicate a their time trying to improve, be original and stand out and I am sure they would be offended by this kind of thinking.
    If you have a problem with Xelhes you don't have to insult the whole gfx community and artists in general, so please don't.
    I do apologise, I've seen a few graphic shops and to me they all looked very same-ish that's why I said it, I do apologise for the generalisation but I still stick by what I said that a lot of it is very same-ish whereas ours aver very different to those Im sure you must agree. I do apologise to any of those who have been offended by that statement but serriously, Some of you do need to make urselfs stand out from the rest cause I do believe it is boring viewing sigs that people use the exact same techniques on.

Anyhow good luck with the shop and improving your skills.
    Thanks!

No, I am saying that you can't blame the program for your amount of skill, like Sir Schmoopy does for instance >.>
    Fair enough, yes there's a lot for us to learn but we'd like to be given a fair chance from our fellow graphics makers. Not to be told our work sucks when we are trying our best. I get bored making things for myself, It's hard to please the same person over and over again, I need a challenge to give myself the extra push to learn! So this is why I plead to all of my fellow graphic makers to give us a fair chance!