Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

View Poll Results: What PSP do you have?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • PSP (original

7 43.75%
  • PSP 2000

3 18.75%
  • PSP 3000

7 43.75%
  • PSP (complete Wifi)

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Zelda: Phantom of the Hourglass

Default How long should it take a PSP to charge?

Don't think this thread's been started. It didn't show up so i was just wondering how long it should take the PSP to charge? And once it is charged, about how long does the battery last before you have to recharge it? Just got the PSP and i don't really know much about it. Does it vary with different PSP's?

All right, don't have a crap attack Marly's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2007
    Default Re: How long should it take a PSP to charge?

Eh mine lasts a pretty long time, 8-10 hours? Maybe. I guess it depends on what you're doing as well. Also not very long to charge fully, I usually leave mine in over night, and it's always charged by then, I'd say 3 hours tops?

Registered
    May 2007

I only have a 1000 that I got on Christmas of '05 and idk if my battery is getting weaker or something but it only takes 30 minutes to charge. Im not sure how long yours will take since im guessing its new but it should take probably an hour to two hours to be fully charged. But you can play it while its charging, theres no harm in doing that. Also if you go all the way to Settings, on the left side of the XMB Bar, and go to System Settings and find Battery Information and it tells you the percentage of the Battery life, how many hours are left, the power source, and if your using it.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Birth by Sleep

Mine took about three hours to charge and I have the PSP Slim. I think it depends on what version you have though.

Something About, Baby, You and I... Teiku 5's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    The Fame Monster, For Your Entertainment, and I Dreamed A Dream

i have the 3000. it takes about 3 hours to charge and has 3-5 hours of gameplay. i'm actually a little bothered by that.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    with monsters

^ yeah my 2000 has the same case too.

3-4 hours of charge time and i can only play it for roughly the same amount (4-5 hrs). and even less if i'm playing with full sound and brightest screen setting. :/

Registered
    May 2007

I have a 2000, I believe. Takes a two to a few hours, though at times I'll just play it before then or on the charger. I'm nto complaining though, it's pretty fast at the time,

Registered
    Jan 2009
    with monsters

i do that too. playing while charging for moar gameplay. though i'm a bit worried about what will happen to my unit if i do it all the time. hmm.

Remains of the Judgement Haeralis's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Earthbound, Castlevania: The Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy XII International

Two Words. Custom Firmware. Insanity you can have N64 games on a PSP and they run great. I have gameboy games, NES games, File Sorters, PSP Write (Basically Microsoft Word on PSP- I even typed a paper on it once), A Bible on it, High Speed Internet Browser, CWCheat and loads more.

Registered
    Aug 2009
    Final Fantasy DCLXVI

It ttakes my PSP about 2 hours and i get to play for around 6 hours

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Quote Originally Posted by The Paladin View Post
    Two Words. Custom Firmware. Insanity you can have N64 games on a PSP and they run great. I have gameboy games, NES games, File Sorters, PSP Write (Basically Microsoft Word on PSP- I even typed a paper on it once), A Bible on it, High Speed Internet Browser, CWCheat and loads more.
    This isnt relavent at all.....

And sadly i dont even have a psp :( but i use my friends a bunch and i think he has the 2000. I think it takes 2 1/2-3 hours to charge and you can get in about 5 hours of play time. but mostly we just play with it on the charger

Remains of the Judgement Haeralis's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Earthbound, Castlevania: The Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy XII International

Quote Originally Posted by KeybladeLegacy5 View Post
    This isnt relavent at all.....

And sadly i dont even have a psp :( but i use my friends a bunch and i think he has the 2000. I think it takes 2 1/2-3 hours to charge and you can get in about 5 hours of play time. but mostly we just play with it on the charger

Well the poll question asked about what kind of PSP you have.

Anyway, it takes my psp about an hour and a half to charge and stays on for two and a half hours.

Registered
    Aug 2008

I have a psp slim (2000) and I switched my original psp (fat) battery with my slim and now it's more efficient.

Registered
    Jun 2008

I have a PSP 3000 and it takes 4 hours for it to charge.

Don't think this thread's been started. It didn't show up so i was just wondering how long it should take the PSP to charge?
    The battery takes about 1.5 hours to fully charge.
    And once it is charged, about how long does the battery last before you have to recharge it?
    Battery life on average is about 4.57 hours depending on screen brightness, WLAN settings & volume levels etc.
    Just got the PSP and i don't really know much about it. Does it vary with different PSP's?
    All the PSP's are issued with Li-lon batteries. The PSP-1000 series had 1800mAh batteries, while PSP-2000/PSP-3000 were issued with 1200mAh (due to making the PSP slimmer, the capacity of the battery was reduced by 1/3 of it's size; thus decreasing battery life), but you could upgrade any of the PSP series to a 2200mAh battery.