• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What happens first: KH4 or Switch 2? I'm going mad waiting to hear anything official about both.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Just five more weeks til we find out either way.

Imagine everything KH related we will get at Summer Game Fest is just a ML trailer with a release date....

I think it’s unlikely they show ML at an event like this without a KH4 trailer to add extra fuel to the hype.

What happens first: KH4 or Switch 2? I'm going mad waiting to hear anything official about both.

That’s hard to say.

I think Switch 2 is March 2025 at the latest. Nintendo can’t really drag their feet much longer when they already barely have any games releasing.

However, KH4 is kind of in the same boat since SE has no games on the calendar past the summer. But I could see them aiming more for a summer 2025 release in the slot FFXVI and FFXIV have taken the last two years. Still hoping for the January/February ‘25 window though.

celebi

Awards
I think it’s unlikely they show ML at an event like this without a KH4 trailer to add extra fuel to the hype.
Bro still got some hope left.
Probably getting an ending to Berserk before we get anything KH4 related atp.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Bro still got some hope left.

I see no reason to not be a little hopeful. SGF and D23 have always been the two most likely places for us to get an update this year.

There’s also still the PS Showcase possibility which is rumored for next week.

Last edited:

celebi

Awards
I see no reason to not be a little hopeful. SGF and D23 have always been the two most likely places for us to get an update this year.

There’s also still the PS Showcase possibility which is rumored for next week.
I really do think that we will see KH 4 at Summer Game Fest, but in case we don't, I'm preemptively lowering my expectations so I can't be let down again by our lord and savior Nomura and Square.

Good to know that there is a rumor about a showcase next week. I didn't know about that. Perhaps we'll get lucky and receive something.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I really do think that we will see KH 4 at Summer Game Fest, but in case we don't, I'm preemptively lowering my expectations so I can't be let down again by our lord and savior Nomura and Square.

Good to know that there is a rumor about a showcase next week. I didn't know about that. Perhaps we'll get lucky and receive something.

Yeah the rumor was around the time of Ghost of Tsushima’s PC release because it will supposedly include a sequel announcement. It releases on the 17th. But multiple sources have claimed there will be one sometime in May.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I thought the rumour was late May, 23rd onwards?
there was this fake rumor earlier that DJAkademiks said there's going to be a state of play next week and Kendrick Lamar can't release whatever he has cooking until after it. (Kendrick Lamar x Utada for KH4 opening?)

The rumor came from a fake instagram account

Next week would be cool but it's probably mid-late May. But KH4 will probably be shown next month

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have no idea who that is (not Kendrick, I know him) but I’d have been suss if I saw “state of play” mentioned. This should be a full on showcase

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I thought I saw a while back that the GoT 2 announcement would be when the PC version released, But I’m probably misremembering or they just meant generally in May sometime. I could see late May making more sense to be a bit closer to the normal E3 season. The one last year was May 24th too.

I think we’ll see GoT 2, Silent Hill 2 Remake, MGS Delta, and the PS5 Pro as the main highlights.

Reminder that FFVII Remake wa re-revealed at a May State of Play in 2019 after it had been radio silent while KH3 was being marketed. So we could see a repeat of that with KH4. I think the main reason Rebirth wasn’t at the PS Showcase last year was because they already had FFXVI in it.

SE is pretty consistent with having a big reveal during these events, so I do think there’s a real possibility we see it there. Although they could opt for a big Visions of Mana push with a release date reveal. Or maybe even show DQXII.

Also, SE’s investor call is Monday the 13th. Maybe something will come out of that about their upcoming pipeline that could clue us in.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Now just wait for the following tweet:

This is Nomura, Director of Kingdom Hearts. We will make an announcement about Kingdom Hearts 4 within this fiscal year. It will have been over two years since we announced the existence of Kingdom Hearts 4 back in April 2022. We will be holding a Square Enix Presents this June regarding the Kingdom Hearts release lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of Kingdom Hearts 4 during that presentation.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean, it's obvious isn't it?

It's still "E3 Season" so

I’m just acknowledging that it’s their turn to make an announcement about their event. I have no doubt there will be one by June at the latest.

Edit: Jeff Grubb reiterated his claim it will be sometime this month, but he’s not sure if next week or later in the month.

Last edited:
Back