Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 12 of 356 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    The Marauder

Default Re: Official FFXII Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sora_Strife
    Anyway, I'm still deciding on what I should have the characters be. I'm now going to keep Vaan as a Swordsman and white mage. Everyone else I'm still deciding on.
    As I said, if you want to survive, all your characters need to have access to at least level 3 white magic. You can either do it now, or later, but I garuntee you'll need to eventually. :/

Another tip: Your party leader will be running into the fray of battle first, and will thus always be targeted first. Giving the leader the best armor/shield is a good idea.

Registered
    Mar 2006

About the chocobos you can't ride chocobos found on the field. You can only ride those with gurdy ( the moogle who lends you chocobos)

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mass Effect 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Marauder View Post

Another tip: Your party leader will be running into the fray of battle first, and will thus always be targeted first. Giving the leader the best armor/shield is a good idea.
    Yeah, I agree with This. I Figured this Out a LONG Time ago, Because I kept dying first T__T So Yeah, That Is a Good Idea.

You can't catch Your Own? Really? = / That kinda Bytes...

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
    Registered
    Aug 2004

Another tip for easy levels depending on where people are at. The Marauder said if you see any sprakling element things, they are around level 29 and up, If you have someone with a lvl 3 quickening and someone else with lvl 2 and someone else with 1 and higher, depending on how good you are with mist charges you can gain a couple levels if you fight a couple of them. Im level 17 and I don't have any touble beating them. But if you can't kill him in one hit, you have three options, switch two charaters so you can use other quickenings (If you have them). You can run away before you get slaughtered, or you can fight and still probably get slaughtered.

Oh and how good on mist charges should you be, well I am good on alot of them so I don't know exactly but I always kill him with 9 hits and up, and then the specail attack at the end.

Tyler Durden

alright, thanx Marauder for telling me about the party members. Can't wait until Christmas when i get the CE: FFXII and the LE Guide.

Registered
    Feb 2006
    dont play games ive been at basic training lately

I GOT THE GAME!

I'm happier than a five year old schoolgirl. I was able to sell those games for $150. It was amazing. I got myself the collector's edition, and the limited edition strategy guide. Plus, I had an extra $75. Good day, good day.

Now, after my exclamation of happiness, I'm gonna go play some FFXII.

Iron Tomato
    Registered
    Aug 2004

Alright, time for a first post.

I'm in Bhujerba, doing lots of chain training for gil and to level up for the hunts. Just took down Nidhogg this morning, and Rockatoise is going down tonight.

Party is all level 16. Fran and Vaan are my white mages. Balthier is my long range attacker, and Basch is my party leader for taking damage (lots of the augment side of the licenses).

This game is extremely easy to make money. Just set one person with the gambit for stealing nearest, other two should be attacking. Then, go somewhere where you can find lots of one type, then build of the chain. My highest chain is 110, or so, and by then I usually get about five items to drop (2 of one, 3 of another, usually). Go to a vendor, 'sell', 'loot' and I'll make a good 10,000 gil, easy. That's all in about 30 minutes too.

The License Board seems way too easy. I mean, while I'm working on chain training for gil and the hunts, I always have enough points for whatever I need. I've got the Technicks that won't become available for a long time (mainly Telekinesis). Real simple. Even easier than Sphere Grid, IMO.

Final Fantasy VIII! XFinalXOmegaX's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2006

what was your highest chain mine was 92. then I accidentally stopped it by swutching leader and the chain X was there The license board is more simple tan the sphere grid and very well thought out. but buying magicks and technicks suck reminds me of old FFs where you could buy magicat magic stores.

Registered
    Feb 2006

Wow, I'm in love with this game. It's the first FF I've played in I don't know how long that I actually enjoy building up. I'm still playing as Vaan and building him up/doing monster hunts in the Esterlands.

The license grid kind of annoyed me at first, because I thought it would be a pain to build up just to equip an item, do magic, etc. However, it makes the game a lot better, and very innovative. The battle system takes some getting used to at first as well, but I've fallen in love with it.

The story is good so far, even though I haven't quite advanced it yet, but it surely is epic right from the beginning. I can't wait to advance the story. It definitely seems like it'll be one of the best stories in FF history.

When I got the game, I spent, like, 20 minutes gawking at the collector's box, xD. And I love the strategy guide. It's beautiful. The artwork is amazing, and it has practically everything in there. It'll definitely be worth a lot in the future, same with the collector's box.

So far, I'm not sure if this game is my favorite Final Fantasy, but it sure is up there. Everything is amazing about it, and I've yet to find any faults in it. I'm not quite sure if it'll beat FFX or FFT as my favorite FF game, but I'll let you all know that by the time I beat the game. Still, this game is definitely the game of the year.

Good job, Square, for making an excellent game!

Registered
    Aug 2004

Highest chain level so far was in the one really big desert part, of 122 chains, second highest was 77. And for people kinda like what BB said. an easy way to make gil, when you are in the cavern thing, going to Frans town, the one with the malrabos and stuff, the main monster, Avenger? drops this one item that you can sell for about 459 a piece, and you can chain up to about 30-35 avengers, and if you get them to drop about two items each time, youll be set with enough gil for quite awhile.

Registered
    Dec 2004

Cursed, more then enough.

Josiah o.o Ya I know. Those things are scary. T_T

Also, to people asking about the bird in front of the tomb of raithwall.

[spoiler]It's very hard unless you do a quick sidequest.
    Help the ugly little people <.< kill that big tortoise.
    Go back to the moogle at the intersection
    of the two sandseas.
    Then go back to the first sandsea
    head back towards the moogle
    and after a cutscene
    you will gain a berry
    If you use the berry on the boss
    Instead of doing 300 damage per hit
    It'll only do about 50.
    That berry can ONLY be used on this
    boss. [/spoiler]

Registered
    Aug 2004

Or you could do the easy way and just use level 2-3 quickenings and kill him in one turn. and just skip that side quest :P

Registered
    Feb 2006

Cursed, more then enough.
    Yeah, I know. xD. I sold the games, and it got me over $150. So I bought the game as well as the strategy guide.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    What! Who told you! It's a LIE ! A Lie I tell you!

okay. 2 questions.

1. What's the best place to level up, get liscence points, loot etc.?

2. [Spoiler] What's the best way to kill that esper in the Raithwall Tomb? I've gotton pretty close to killing him, but I just want some help. [/Spoiler]

Registered
    May 2006

man i really feel bad for those who have to wait till christmas or later because you miss out of the FF12CE because the game is cool and the collectors tins is hella tight and the extra disc even adds more to the entertainment