REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
I agree, I can see a lot of people hating on Serah, because of what I like to call Kairi Syndrome, especially if you know, they show her doing all these awesome things, but still in cutscenes and such, she's a damsel in distress still. I love her outfit myself, it's definitely going on my list of things to cosplay (We had a Serah Farron cosplayer at the last con we had, who did a poledance(Of the tasteful variety))
I still think I like Lightning's Valkyrie armour better though
Not sure if this has been posted, but yeah, bit more info about Lightning playability, why they have Serah as the main playable character, almost every main character from FFXIII making an appearance, stuff like that.
Last edited by Wheels; June 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
Maybe she is a L'cie again you see her use magic in a E3 gameplay and you see Noel use magic in a screenshot.
Nah, her Moogle is a pokemon using a TM.
^Totally. But yes, it would seem Mog is the reason for Magicks being used this time around. It could be some other form of power that Mog uses to draw it from the monsters in the party, too.
Sorta like using Helping Hand... Or Assist XD
It's super effective......
Interview with FF13-2 Art Director Isamu Kamikokuryo Reveals Other Main Characters Besides Noel | FacebookAfter what seemed to be a rather 'quiet' wait for 13-2, a massive interview from Famitsu with the Art Director Isamu Kamikokuryo, has revealed a lot more information on what to look out for in the future.
The key words this time are 'main characters'. Not just Noel, but other characters will be joining the fray, though it is ambiguous at this stage. The old cast will show up as well in much older versions of themselves and their new life on Gran Pulse.
Isamu stated that most of the original 13 staff are working on 13-2. Nomura has taken a bigger backseat this time doing the facial designs for the characters while the outfits are done by other designers.
Other tidbits include:
- The character shown standing back-to-back with Lightning was designed by Yusuke Naora.
- The enemies that appear in the Neo Bodham area are a new category of enemy that are neither from Cocoon nor Pulse. They're designed by lead art designer Toshitaka Matsuda.
- There is a common pattern that appears on Lightning's shield and Serah's clothing. You'll find out the reason why when playing the game.
- There were many design variations for the Moogle weapon, but they went with Matsuda's design in the end.
- The game's maps weren't finalized from the start this time. Instead, the staff were allowed to fill the maps with ideas for things like short-cuts and so-forth. So lots of trial and error was done.
- Because of the tight production schedule, they didn't have much time for pre production. They didn't even have enough time to do much in the way of setting drawings. In some cases, they used photographs and other resources to explain things. Looking at the bright side, Kamikokuryo said that this actually made it easier to get the point across, and allowed them to change their approach to direction.
Last edited by Seņor Pepito; June 22, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Damn you, beating me to that >_>
So Nomura has very little going this time... Interesting.
Also on the XIII-2 Facebook page, I noticed an unpainted Lightning XIII-2 Play Arts. Win? Win.
Can anyone say Hope and Dahj? So we'll have more than Noel, Serah and Lightning as main characters than.The old cast will show up as well in much older versions of themselves