Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    To bomb or not to bomb... Mirby's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    Default [SPOILERS] Yet Another Theory About Young Xehanort...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirby
    A thought just occurred to me...

What if the Young Xehanort we see in the trailer is comparable to a larval form of the old Master Xehanort?

What I mean by this is... what if in the reconstruction of his original body, it went to the Realm of Sleep to be reborn? I'm sure that time passes differently in the Realm of Sleep than in the Realm of Light (why not? there's a time discrepancy between the RoL and RoD, so why not with the RoS too? plus, time is weird in dreams so there's another thing going for that), so what if YX is just MX, but not fully restored yet?

I, for one, think it might be cool to see Xehanort age before our eyes as we progress through the game, and see him slowly regain his powers. And maybe his memories too...
    Quoting because this was gonna get lost as the JF thread fell into [iwillremovethisifiseeitbeingusedpoorlyagain]darkness[/iwillremovethisifiseeitbeingusedpoorlyagain] other pages.

But yeah, I think it makes sense.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    3D

Default Re: [SPOILERS] Yet Another Theory About Young Xehanort...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirby View Post
    Quoting because this was gonna get lost as the JF thread fell into [iwillremovethisifiseeitbeingusedpoorlyagain]darkness[/iwillremovethisifiseeitbeingusedpoorlyagain] other pages.

But yeah, I think it makes sense.
    theres so many theories as to who he could be, and oddly i can see most of them happening.

i do agree that time passes differently, but even with that theres still the possibility of some kind of "castaway" when xehanort was young that was sent to the RoS and is the same age as he was when he was "casted away"

Registered
    Sep 2011

That is true, and I acknowledge that we don't know then truth of Young Xehanort at all yet.

Hence why I named this "Yet Another Theory" because there's so many of them.

Zul
    ҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉ ҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉҉ Zul's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2008

I think many people were expecting Young Xehanort to be around Terra's age(rough guess, 21) and were expecting him to be tall and imposing like Xemnas and Ansem. Instead, he looks to be around Riku's height and age.

This does match up with the fact that the young MX on the beach was in fact KH2 Riku's height, and probably around his age. I just think people weren't expecting that xehanort specifically, but a new "KH3" one in Terra's body. Instead, it seems that we do in fact have "pure YMX". I don't know if Vanitas's heart or whatever presence Vanitas has is affecting his appearance.

Basically I thought it would be

Terra's body+MX=21 year old Xehanort

we have either

Vanitas's heart+MX's heart+Terra's body=16 year old Xehanort, Terra's body reduced in age by Vanitas

or

Xehanort+entirely new young vessel=16 year old Xehanort

I don't know if he's really Kadaj v2.0 in that sense, I guess he might have "some" strength to gain by being a little older, but if he's in a young body without the unnecessary interference of another heart, he'll likely stay in this form. I'm guessing his clothes will change to the design seen in BBS(as that's a much better design than the black coat over and over again).

Currently [REDACTED] Horizon's Knight's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Pokémon X Nuzlocke

This seems very likely. After all, I always thought that the RoS was a place for the restoration of the whole person. Since resting/sleeping builds our energy back up in real life, it would make sense that the RoS would work in a similar manner. Great job, Mirby!

Unversed
    Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkir View Post
    I think many people were expecting Young Xehanort to be around Terra's age(rough guess, 21) and were expecting him to be tall and imposing like Xemnas and Ansem. Instead, he looks to be around Riku's height and age.

This does match up with the fact that the young MX on the beach was in fact KH2 Riku's height, and probably around his age. I just think people weren't expecting that xehanort specifically, but a new "KH3" one in Terra's body. Instead, it seems that we do in fact have "pure YMX". I don't know if Vanitas's heart or whatever presence Vanitas has is affecting his appearance.

Basically I thought it would be

Terra's body+MX=21 year old Xehanort

we have either

Vanitas's heart+MX's heart+Terra's body=16 year old Xehanort, Terra's body reduced in age by Vanitas

or

Xehanort+entirely new young vessel=16 year old Xehanort

I don't know if he's really Kadaj v2.0 in that sense, I guess he might have "some" strength to gain by being a little older, but if he's in a young body without the unnecessary interference of another heart, he'll likely stay in this form. I'm guessing his clothes will change to the design seen in BBS(as that's a much better design than the black coat over and over again).
    Actually in the English version of BBS, at the beginning, YX switches to MX and they're more or less the same height. So this is actually a 19/20 year old Xehanort. This I find kind of disconcerting because Terra was 19/20 as well.

Registered
    Aug 2011

If these are true, does that mean we won't see AX again so there won't be a way to recover Terra?

Commodore SephiMog Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dynasty Warriors 8 xl, Republic at war

Quote Originally Posted by venomblade View Post
    If these are true, does that mean we won't see AX again so there won't be a way to recover Terra?
    If Terra's heart already managed to break away from Xehanort's it would be an easier task though. ;)

Registered
    Jul 2011
    3D

but if it was a being created from xehanort before he merged with terra, then terra wouldnt be in the equation for YX/GHB. and i say GHB (gray haired boy) because we really dont know exactly who he is yet.

Registered
    Sep 2011

What if...

What if the Riku lookalike is just another phase of Xehanort's rebirth, just as with YX? I mean... what if to be reborn after having your Heartless and Nobodies slain, you have to do it in the Realm of Sleep?

I mean, it's possible. Either that or YX is looking for the same thing that Sora and Riku are there for (they aren't just there for the Mark of Mastery exam, remember?).

Registered
    Jul 2011
    3D

What if...

What if the Riku lookalike is just another phase of Xehanort's rebirth, just as with YX? I mean... what if to be reborn after having your Heartless and Nobodies slain, you have to do it in the Realm of Sleep?

I mean, it's possible. Either that or YX is looking for the same thing that Sora and Riku are there for (they aren't just there for the Mark of Mastery exam, remember?).
    i can see this happening..

but i dont think sora even knows about who he is and whos heart he has and who's connected to him and who he has to save. Data Sora knows that.

Registered
    Sep 2011

But doesn't Mickey know some of it? I mean, Data-Naminé tells Mickey to share what was seen and what was felt on the journey of Coded. I figured that's what the letter we see at the end of KH2 and hear at the end of Coded is meant to convey to Sora.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    3D

But doesn't Mickey know some of it? I mean, Data-Naminé tells Mickey to share what was seen and what was felt on the journey of Coded. I figured that's what the letter we see at the end of KH2 and hear at the end of Coded is meant to convey to Sora.
    unless something happened in between, though, the only time Mickey talked to Sora after KH2 is in the letter, and he didnt mention much about the whole scenario. so i dont think sora knows anything about it, mickey does though.

Registered
    Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by King Mickey
    I wanted to tell you right away,
    About memories from the past that sleep within you,
    And about the pieces that will tie you to your future.

Sora, Riku, Kairi,
    the truth behind the Keyblade,
    has found its way through so many people,
    and now I know that it rests in your hearts.

Sora,
    you are who you are because of those people, but they're hurting,
    and you're the only one who can end their sadness. They need you.

It's possible that all your journeys so far,
    have been preparing you for this great new task that's waiting for you.
    I should have known there were no coincidences, only links in a much larger chain of events.
    And now the door to your next journey is ready to be opened.

-Mickey
    Yeah, he only tells Sora that there's people he needs to save because they're hurting.

Still, 3D probably does have a lot to do with the data AtW stored within Sora. I mean, if Vanitas is there then I think we're coming to the culmination of all the saga for sure.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    3D

Yeah, he only tells Sora that there's people he needs to save because they're hurting.

Still, 3D probably does have a lot to do with the data AtW stored within Sora. I mean, if Vanitas is there then I think we're coming to the culmination of all the saga for sure.
    yeah i think were gonna find out a lot but we're also gonna leave a lot of gaps to be filled by KH3. i think sora's gonna find out about everything, and it looks like it doesnt happen until YX/GHB and Vanitas confront him about it, in La Cite des Cloches, which also leads to more plot relevance in disney worlds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast