Welcome to the "Ask an Artist" Thread! Here you can leave a question asking various things about graphics or just art in general and have one of the section's artists answer your questions. There's also a directory of artists, so, if you don't feel comfortable posting here or need some continuous help, you can simply IM one of the artists who leave their contact information.
Guidelines for Questioners:
- Simply post your question and wait for someone to reply. You can leave contact information if you'd like, but it's not required.
- Before posting a question, please, take the time to skim through the pages to make sure your question hasn't already been answered. There's a search function at the top of the thread.
- Be specific. Try to avoid questions like, "How do you make a tag?"
- The standard forum rules apply.
- There's no such thing as a stupid question.
- No asking for specific stocks, resources, etc. There's a thread for those in Resources. It's acceptable though to ask where to find archives of those things.
- Use common sense. If you think it's not right to ask here, you're probably right, so don't ask it.
Guidelines for Answerers:
- Be specific.
- Be polite.
- Answer completely and concisely.
- If they break one of the above rules, don't reply.
- Forum rules apply.
- Use common sense. If you think it's not the right way to answer, you're probably right, so don't even bother posting it.
- If you'd like to add your information to the list below, contact me or another mod of this section, and we'll edit it in.