REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Oh man, this week's episode.
Probably my favorite episode since either episode one or three.
This weeks episode had me at the edge of my seat unblinking the whole time. O_O
It was predictable but at the same time some aspects were not. Like I knew what was going to happen, and had a general idea of how it was going to happen once I got the general set-up of the episode, but it was still perfectly dramatic in the way it was presented to the point it created more tension because I did have an idea. It is hard to explain in words. Great episode!
I'm two episodes in atm and I can say I am thoroughly interested. However that being said when does it really start getting scary?
EDIT: er nevermind o.o
Last edited by zachen; March 11, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
Sig and avvy made by the talented Cino!
Do you like free stuff?
why the diddly did he have to ruin the tape jesus christ what a moron
I don't know if I really like that Misaki had this secret power that she didn't tell anyone about. I mean, I guess I can understand the reasoning as far as her character is concerned, but it just seems a little to deus ex machina to me. The episode also tried way too hard during the scene after they finished playing the tape. The sudden music after being asked if they could kill a classmate was a bit much, lol. The tape button shifting back up was a great touch though.
But honestly, the cliffhanger was great. That was not how I was expecting the episode to end after what was built up.
Oh man, I cannot wait for the finale. That was so intense.
kouichi: kneeing bitches in the stomach and brushing off groin hits since 1998
holy diddly everyone just died
finale gonna be intense as balls
Honestly, the only problem with the penultimate episode is that (unless I miss my mark) it's pretty clear who the person is, lol
who is it i'm dumb and must have missed the hint
Basically, it's the process of elimination from the established rules and the concepts of good writing (and this series does seem to have good writing, lol).
1) The dead person must be a classmate. We know this from the registrar lists and the various reports.
2) The dead person cannot be a victim. We've seen that the dead person cannot die from their own existence, since it was mere happenstance that brought about their death last time (and was brought about by another person).
3) The dead person does not know he is dead. This is assumed because, otherwise, it would imply that every other dead person is an extremely good actor. And even in the event that they are an extremely good actor, it still means that their actions are not inherently different from the rest of the class.
4) The dead person cannot be someone whom we are unfamiliar with. For mysteries, it's a poor idea to have a random person be the "culprit," since that has no impact. The viewer will find it random, and it won't be a satisfying revelation.
5) The dead person cannot be too important of a character. The way this series has set itself up, all (or most of) the main characters have been hinted at being the dead person by their actions or presence in certain scenes. So, if it's any of the main characters (or just characters we've seen enough of to think they might be that person), then it becomes too obvious, leading to another unsatisfying conclusion (at least when the culprit is revealed). Characters like Kouichi, Mei, the guy who accidentally threw the other guy over the railing, the head of countermeasures, etc.
6) The person has to be someone who wasn't near Mei at the time (again, either Kouichi or the head of countermeasures), since she left them to go kill the dead person. I would also assume that he is upstairs, but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case, since her path was blocked off and could only go up.
Regardless, I can only see one person being the dead person after putting all of that together:
Mr. "I like painting" Effeminate-kun
Spoiler: or if you want to see a screen of who i think the "culprit" is
But hey, if this show has one more surprise to pull out that changes everything in a reasonable way, I'm all for it :D
Last edited by kazukifafner; March 21, 2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: forgot to mention a point
I thought the show was promising at first, but I'm pretty disappointed. The students are annoying/borderline retarded.
I watched the last two episodes in a row today and damn it was intense, crazy even. I'm pretty satisfied: definitely worth watching and I could recommend it. However I had (willingly) spoiled the ending so I knew who the person was but it was quite surprising when I found out. Thought that it'd definitely be a classmate. I should definitely watch the show again though because I was fairly confused at some points and now that I know the ending, I'd probably be able to notice the hints.